1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Lamp with 510 thread: DANGER

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Axel, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Axel

Axel Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just to inform the community to take extreme care with the Chinese lamps which can be mounted on 510 tread mods (the ones we were speaking about in the post concerning vaping problem in Thailand).

I have mounted one on my Pipeline Pro mod and it resulted in kind short-cut which damaged my 200USD mod :-( :-( :-(

Maybe, better to mount this kind of lamps on mech mods, but be careful if you want to use on electronic mods... After this expensive lost, I am not going to make further test and won't connect this to my provari P3 for sure !

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I bought one, I thought they were only useful in case of a customs confiscation of a mechanical mod, that's why
    I bought mine. I have no intention to ever use it, I have a flashlight for stuff like that.

Sorry to hear about your mod.

3. Axel

Just arrived in Thailand from France yesterday, so did a short test of the lamp before the trip... Finally, my mod is dead and I passed the airport custom without any luggage check, same as usual... Too bad! Moreover, the Pipeline Pro is normally very reliable mod, made some searches on Google trying to find some repair solutions, but cannot find any problem report for this mod...

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Axel, very sorry to hear about your mod...that's a real shame! I bought a couple of those flashlight heads from FT, too, and tried them on my ProVari 2.5 & VS rDNA when they arrived. They worked fine. The FT website notes that the operating voltage is between 3.0-4.2 volts. Any chance you had your mod outside these limits?

Konvict likes this.
  5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Wow thanks for the warning!

I have on coming that I ordered 2 months ago, from FastTech! Yes, still not here and I think it will never come, but I would also just try it without thinking about changing the voltage.

Oops I only go until 3.6 volts with mine so it would be no problem....come to think of it I do have the P3 on boost!

Sorry, for your loss!

6. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, the Pipeline Pro, doesn't that use alternating current?

Honestly, can't say I'm surprised that bad things would happen using a D/C LED on that. Now that I think about it, the DNA-40 uses a negative D/C current for the atomizer, so there's a good chance that that would cause problems as well. Everything else should be fine though.

Konvict likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Axel, according to this website Pipeline Pro, your mod has a 2 year conditional warranty...
    upload_2014-11-28_18-16-26.png
    Bet they'd be able to fix it for you.

8. Axel

Ryan, you are probably right, but I do understand nothing in electricity technology... And yes, it is under warranty but in practice, very not convenient for me cause this was bought in France and so, have to wait my next voyage to France probably...

Edit: DC light with alternative current, it is maybe the reason why I found the light flickering until I found the mod as dead, though it was just a nice effect option from the led LOL

9. Axel

WOW! Sent a mail to Pipeline Pro France, just 5 minute later, received the answer with the official landing form to ship the mod to them from Thailand... Amazing customer service ! And maybe a happy end for me :)

Tibo and Rick O-Shea like this.
  10. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

That happened when I put mine on my mod, till I turned down the W.....
    I won't be doing it again,,,,

Axel likes this.
  11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Il est pas beau notre pays, hein !? ^^

I am not surprise Pipeline is actually cooperating on this. Not sure how they do on the international scene but in France, I am pretty sure they are much more popular than Provari.

Here's for the French touch, folks :)

Let us know who things turned out, Axel. Will you send it in France or Germany ?

A bientot

Sent from the future

12. Axel

Sending to France ;-)
    The Pipeline Pro was more advanced technology than Provari 2.5, that's probably why so popular in Europe. But now, the Provari P3 is also a jewel of technology and very reliable too. And as far as costs are very similar, will see how it comes in the near future. On my side, I love both !

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.