1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

A Question

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by petewan, Mar 5, 2018.

1. petewan

petewan Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi juice makers ,I brought a bottle of Nic 6 low strenth BG from uk 2 years ago and only used a llittle ,it has been in a dark cupboard since . I am leaving Thailand and wonder does it keep or should i throw it away ???peteinpatts

2. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Flavorings in general from most suppliers are only good for up to 18 months. If it is 24 months there has probably some degradation in quality/flavor/taste. The nic has also probably degraded as well. I doubt it would kill you to try it, but if you want to be completely safe just toss it.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  3. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

no problem you still can vape it. i bet the nic and flav will become more strong. if you keep it in dark place and good temperature your eliquid automaticly in steeping mode

4. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Nic requires <0C temperatures and below completely void of any air. Flavorings as I stated in my earlier post are only good for up to 18 months from the most reputable suppliers. There is no doubt in my mind that the nic has most likely completely degraded and the flavorings have degraded as well. I would probably still vape it if it was a juice I really liked and forgot about. However, I presume that it has been sitting around so long because it wasn't all that great to begin with.

aging one, Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  5. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

i have small bakery shop, and use food essence. you are right about 18 month exp date
    but, in this scenario e-liquid when the essence already mixed with nic, pg, and vg you cant see from that angle and that theory.
    i have old eliquid that i forgot to vape around 2 years, and the taste is more rich and tasty and the colour become more darker than before. i keep it in my safe box several liquid.
    even fivepawns put the exp date for eliquid, they do that bcos the FDA require exp date in every consumable products.
    hell even i imported dates my gov need me to put 2 years exp date, the thing is date can last more than 5 years to consume as long stored in good place not under the sun, etc

everyday i learn something new information about vape. vape is simple not complicated but alot vaper make it so complicated, praising their high end mod like god, claim dual coil beat single coil in flav, stupid vape tricks vape from nose, blow big cloud in non smoking and non vaper area etc. vapers these days have big ego.
    i miss the time when vape is very simple, we vape to quit smoking, drinking beer together.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Bantorvaper, Arbil and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. petewan

petewan Thread Starter Well-Known Member

The nic has not been added to anything it is as i bought it . I started to experiment with mixing but gave up as i prefer to buy the ones i like . So i have yes and a no to does it keep ,There is no use by date on it. I will not be using it or taking it with me to uk and as i am unsure about its usability i had best bin it......

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Since it wasn't in the fridge for the last 2 years, I think that the nic has probably degraded and that pouring it down the drain is the safest move.

jpr likes this.
  8. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

Oh sh*t.. I think i make mistake. I thought you had a bottle ejuice with 6mg nic.. LOL..

Your nic must put in cold refrigerator if youre not put over there and leave it for long time better you throw away that nicotine..

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.