1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Another ill informed article

Discussion in 'E-News' started by farangmick, Sep 13, 2016.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

AI-NAAM and Dieter. like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

A silly article...but he may be right. I do like my flavors. ;)

3. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

BS article, imho, i do like my flavors as well, but i am way less addicted to Vaping then i was to Smoking,
    i often forget to Vape when i dont see Smokers around ... while i was a Smoker i never ever forget and trying to quit a 3 Million times

4. gerry

gerry New Member

well off topic but i dont like flavors apart from menthol any advice on baccy flavour supplies would be welcome thanks

5. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I thought it was a good opinion piece and food for thought. The author is a former smoker and vaper which gives his opinion some validity.

I've no illusions that I've not traded one addiction for another. Just how much I'm addicted to vaping can only be known when and if I attempt to quit. I can say (only from attempts to cut-back) that after 4 hours I'm jonesing for a vape.

Signs that your addicted to vaping:

And, a vaping asshole:

:grin:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

A stupid article, and I don't know why it was written. But there might be something in this article, that is true. When a smoker quit smoking, he often turns into a fanatic Anti smoke campaigner, and maybe it's just the same with some ex vapers ? Some can quit smoking with gums, pads or what else there is from big Pharma, and some can not. The one who could not stop smoking turned to e-cigarettes just like me, and now I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but i vape. Why, because i never hat the intention to suck on something be it a cigarette, pipe or now an e-cigarette. I just like the sucking on something, and yes now also comes the flavour. I like to change between different tastes during the day and enjoy it very much. I do not vape to much in between, when I'm occupied with something, like i did when i smoked stinkies, now i take time to vape maybe also a cup of coffee and take the time to really enjoy it.

It's 95 percent safer than smoking and a lot better for my health. Today i just read about the sugar industry paying a lot of money to scientist in the 60'th to downplay the health risk in connection with Cardiovascular disease and obesity and blame it on the fat. Now before vaping i ate a lot of candies and chocolate and candies. Now I'm vaping the flavors instead and the result is that I'm living healthier today. Another plus for vaping. Don't eat the sugary things just vape them. :)

7. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Opinions do not need to be universal truths. Their the writers opinions based on his experience quiting smoking and then quiting vaping. You don't have to agree with him to see where he's coming from.

If a person feels that vaping is the holy grail and want to continue vaping, then that's fine for them. Vaping is a wonderful substitute to smoking. But if a person as has a goal of being completely addiction free, perhaps going from smoking to vaping to nothing, may not be the best method for everyone. I've known people who stopped smoking by chewing nicotine gum, and then continued to chew nicotine gum for years.

Everyone's different, but personally, I feel more addicted to vaping than I did to smoking. It's a nicer, cleaner, heathier addiction then cigs, its got the hobby aspect to it, but still an addiction (for me). It's something I enjoy doing, but also something I feel I need to do.

When I smoked I smoked for 10 minutes every 1-2 hours. Now, I vape all day. I don't chain vape all day, but I always have a mod within arms reach. So I'm sure I'm taking in more nicotine than when I was smoking. The fact that I feel vaping is a guilt-free alternative to smoking has allowed me to become more dependent on nicotine. I'm not worried about the health aspects of nicotine, its just the fact that I'm so dependent on it that bothers me.

I didn't really notice or see this as a problem until a few months ago when I decided it would be a good idea to not vape in public anymore, and the best way to do that would be to leave my vape gear at home whenever I go out. I found that for me this caused quit a bit of anxiety after a few hours. Maybe not as bad as when I was a smoker, but anxiety is anxiety and its not pleasant.

So I'm back to carrying a small mod on me for a stealth vape when the need arises. Will I stop vaping? Nah. But I would like to decrease my nicotine dependency.
    :vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping:
    **Updated**
    And (almost forgot), more funny vaping videos:
    :grin:

8. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

It cost not much to produce, you can sell it expensive, and it keeps people addicted. The ideal product - cigarettes!

Cigarettes are made from less than 50 % tobacco, fillers, chemicals, and simply said a turbo-nicotine that keeps people heavily addicted. The nicotine we put into our e-liquid is generally only a mild addictive. Having said that we may react somewhat individual.

But habit is a strong addictive, too.

9. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I happily agree that one can be addicted to vaping. I'd no more leave the house without at least my eGo Aio than I would without my stinkies in the old days. The hobby side is a big bonus. Although I've decided that flavour MTL is for me as an ADV, I enjoy experimenting.