1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Bringing gear and juice to Australia

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Taengmo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Taengmo
    Twisted

Taengmo Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi All...

I am flying to Melbourne this week...

Does anyone have any tips on how to bring my gear and juice to Oz? Is there any special things I should know or ways I should be packing, separating batteries etc?

Thanks!

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Standard practices for air travel. Batteries and mods with internal batteries in carry on. everything else can be in checked luggage I think, someone that flies more than me will confirm. According to Ausd customs you can take "3 months" supply of nic containing juice in with you. Unfortunately they don't specify how much they think that is. Nic juice is not sold in AUS. 0 nic only. WA has no shops and vape gear can only be obtained internationally or from other states. It is legal and considered the same as smoking.

That's about all I have. others amy be able to chime in though.

Baz and Rowdy like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Konvict and Rowdy like this.
  4. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Baz and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I have to say there were a few surprises for me in there @Rowdy . I am in contact with quite a few vapers in AUS and wasn't aware that a script from a GP was necessary at all. Thank God I don't live there anymore as well.

Baz and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Rowdy
    Devilish

I think a lot of problems stem from having State & Commonwealth laws, one fights the other.

I did read some time back that there was a total ban on it in Queensland.

Cheers
    Rowdy

Longtail1 likes this.
  7. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

I was just back in Adelaide & Melbourne for a month.

Vaping is treated by establishments as smoking, which is fine. No one needs their restaurants fogged out. Hah. Servos and Smokemart even sell really overpriced, terrible ecigs. It is hugely accessible and there are brick and mortar stores abound, with even more available online.

If I recall correctly, 15 dollars Aussie for a 30ml bottle of ejuice seems to be the going rate for locally made juices.

etlava, Baz, Rowdy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Also you can't buy nicotine in any form. If you want nicotine in your juice you have to import. In WA it is the same as here. NO B&M NO juice. All have to be imported from other states or overseas.

etlava, Baz, Rowdy and 2 others like this.
  9. Baz
    Notworthy

Baz Active Member

Hi Rowdy,

As far as vaping and devices go, you should be OK (just declare for personal use and follow the rules and you’ll be sweet) but you’ll need to bring some juice with you if you’re partaking of the nicotine. Can’t buy nicotine juice in Australia at all. It’s completely and utterly illegal. As Longtail mentioned, here in WA it’s illegal to sell ANYTHING to do with vaping. No B&M outlets whatsoever. We can’t buy juice (even the zero nicotine stuff) from anywhere at all. Smokemart aren’t even allowed to sell e-cig carry pouches for crying out loud! You can buy bongs and associated paraphanalia but an e-cig carry pouch? Oh the horror!

For the rest of Oz, basically what Solo said. Had to buy my starter kit, spare coils, plastic bottles and all the bits’n’pieces from Sydney and ship it over to the West. Bloody annoying to say the least. I also bought some zero nicotine juice from Sydney as part of my experiment with mixing my own juices and they were costing me about $5.00 (125 baht) for 10mls and $10.00 (250 baht) for 30mls. Cheap-ish yeah but don’t forget it’s ZERO nicotine. So if you come back for a visit and you need some nicotine, you’d better bring some with ya.

So obviously we have to source our nicotine juice overseas. I got my very first lot from the U.K. and the next lot from the States. While it’s totally illegal to buy nicotine juice in Oz, the government will allow you to import 3 months supply for personal use. So what’s 3 months supply you might ask? Who knows eh? Everyone’s different. Some people are heavy smokers and some are light smokers. Some chain smoke all day and some smoke maybe 15 a day. It’s all subjective so it’s got me beat how you can determine a standard worth for 3 months supply.

Just make it legal here in Oz, charge us sales tax, create some jobs, create some wealth and make a few bucks for the government coffers as well. All pretty simple if you ask me. Anyway, hope this helps a bit Rowdy. Have a great time if you come back for a visit. Cheers mate.

Neilly, etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Baz
    Notworthy

Baz Active Member

One day I'll be able to say this too. Wish that day would hurry up and get here! Enjoy!

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Man, I didn't realise that 'Down Under' was so- Anti Nicotine! Strange really, if what one guy was saying that Bongs and Weed paraphanalia are allowed- where, FFS, is the logic in that?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

12. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

definitely correct about bongs and pipes etc. I lived there for 27 years and didn't realise they were that ridiculous about vaping. But it may change if they ever get around to laws that arte specific to vaping instead of things like nicotine as laws apply for other situations. Very surprised personally. Also very happy not to be there now for many reasons, but vaping is a big one.

13. Rowdy
    Devilish

What we are dealing with is a pack of WANKERS in the government (Same all around the world)

These are the ones making decisions for the every day average Joe just like you & me.

One other stupid decision is they are making OAP who live overseas return to OZ every six months. (this does not apply to me but it still annoys me.)

I could go on but I understand that SD :yes sir: is not getting any younger and does not want to read about crap in OZ.

Cheers
    Rowdy

Baz, Neilly and haybilly like this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

What's the reason for making OAPs return to OZ every 6 months?? This would be a real hardship for, probably, millions of aged ExPats if the UK Govt. caught on to that one.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

15. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

And not forgetting that if you live OS WITHOUT maintaining a residence in AUS then your income tax actually INCREASES to 49% even though you get zero benefits from the areas that your taxes are being used for.