1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Changes to UK Law regarding Nicotine

Discussion in 'E-News' started by v 4 vendetta, Oct 10, 2015.

1. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I was unaware that it wasn't illegal under UK law for under 18s to purchase e-liquid with Nicotine as I always see age verification mechanisms on most if not all Vaping related shops in the UK or abroad.

I was watching Scott's VLOG after a 5 week hiatus from posting vids and he mentions at 12min08 about Creme De Vape (Formerly known as Cloud 9 Vaping) introducing a pain in the arse system which requires customers to provide an ID to be checked (Passport, Driving License or Birth Certificate) at a cost of £1 to check then the account is updated so its a one time thing. Not terribly happy to provide vendor's with copies of my passport though.

[​IMG]

The video I am talking about is this one below as I previously said he starts talking about this at 12m08sec

Below is what I found in an article published in the Metro Newspaper

From October 1, the laws on smoking and e-cigarettes will change in Britain – making it illegal to smoke in cars with under-18s, among other things.

From the same date, it will also be illegal for retailers to sell e-cigarettes or e-liquids to anyone under the age of 18.

Read more: Law on smoking and e-cigarettes changes change next month | Metro News

Another interesting article is the Tobacco Products Directive 2014/40(EU) Article 20:

Tobacco Products Directive - a recap.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yep, certain US states have made it so an adult must sign for receipt of gear & juice. I think it's the wave of the future as the industry tries to head off even more draconian government restrictions.
    :vaping: :vaping:

v 4 vendetta likes this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Jeez--what next??
    As SD says--I suppose it's a worthwhile PIA if it does head off any more draconian crap--but, will it? When will they quit--when E-cigs are off the agenda??

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Not any time soon, I'm afraid...too much money at stake (sadly). ;)

v 4 vendetta likes this.
  5. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Very interesting comments by Vic about what is going on in UK and Europe with the impending TPD (Tobacco Products Directive)

He starts talking about it at 54min14sec

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.