1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cheeky Ba*#@tards

Discussion in 'E-News' started by haybilly, Jan 12, 2016.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Tobacco ecig hybrid kinda defeats the purpose to me.

3. haybilly
    Paranoid

Exactly, Longtail- I want to stay as far away from that sh*t as possible, Thank You very much Mr. Phillip Morris et Al.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Ditto!

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Interesting read as I'm still fairly new to this. 450 billion £ is a lot of money, so not suprised these guys are squirming with their revenues dropping ...

6. haybilly
    Paranoid

It's just so predictable, though, that they want to develop an E Cig that still, somehow, needs Tobacco in it to function.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Scuba Vaper

I think perhaps that smokers who're currently considering e-cigarettes, might be swayed towards BAT etc, because they know and "trust" those brands and tabacco itself. Vaping took me a while to get my head round, personally. So, whilst predictable, these big tabacco guys may well have a strong selling point, or points. Up to us to educate people that they don't need big tabacco anymore, which big tabacco don't like, mainly for the 450billion £ already mentioned.

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Problem is that the attempts of big tobacco to enter the vaping industry in the past have resulted in far inferior products that are essentially disposable and need replacing repeatedly. On top of that they were sticking to cigalikes that just don't do enough for the majority to help with quitting smoking. If they continue in that vein then they will make more money from disposable ecigs that justb lead people back to analogues AND discredit the vaping gear that actually works.

So basically they want to continue with helping people kill themselves slowly. Nothing has changed I guess.

9. Scuba Vaper

Totally makes sense ... only thing is big tobacco are massive organisations, and aren't likely to just "go away" because they are selling crap, or we think they're selling crap ... and yes, their job is, and will continue to be, selling products that help people to attempt a slow suicide ... all in plain sight, and legally done.

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I agree. And what we think is immaterial.

Most vapers wouldn't consider the type of equipment they supply anyway because they are aware that it is generally ineffective. It is the people new to vaping that they are targeting. The ones who want to try it for the first time to see if it works. Same as the new vapers in Thailand nearly ALL start with the cheap ego pens from the markets that are so ineffective. SOME continue on and upgrade quickly, but most think "Meh" and go back to analogues.

If BT get in to vape gear in a big way they are going to basically take over the first time vaper market with superior as campaigns for inferior products. They can afford it.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  11. Scuba Vaper

Totally makes sense. It doesn't matter what we think, but it does matter what we do, and what we say to potential new vapers. One of the reasons I've been participating here, is that you guys have been very helpful, in what's quite a confusing arena to smokers. So, again, applaud you guys in being good ambassadors for vaping.

Within that, money talks, so I don't expect big tobacco's efforts will go unrewarded, and there is a danger that they'll end up dominating the market. So, I guess we do what we can, and our best, hopefully it's enough.

Oh, and I don't think it's if, it's when, vaping has gathered considerable momentum now, and big tobacco must be hurting, and wanting in on the action before it's too late. After all, I'd like a slice of £450 billion a year, who wouldn't !

Siam Diesel likes this.