1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

ecigarette sales down

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Submaniac, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Can't read the story without subscribing...

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  3. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

That's weird, I can read it and don't have a subscription. I got it off of a google link. I dunno maybe google the article's terms and click?

(I would copy and paste but I dunno if that is kosher under copyright rules. Oh wait, someone on another forum handled the copyright issue for me. here's a link to that forum that copies the original article: Wicked Wizard E Liquid, UK, E Liquid Manufacturer )

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don't think it's a big problem on here...copy/paste away! ;)

Looks like Big Stinkies scare tactics are having an effect, which is a real shame!

Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  5. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

The article is misleading. That a triple digit growth one day goes down to low double digit or single digit levels is the normal. A growth rate of 57 % is still a significant.

- Performance must improve
    - power use must decrease
    - safety must improve
    - prices of e-liquid must drop

The day we see a completely safe device that's operated on two AA batteries and has full flavour we've won.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  6. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

:) long live the AA battery ... Aren't most smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc considered safe to use, and don't they work with lion batteries ? And also over the lifetime of a lion, doesn't it become cheaper than AA's ?

E-liquid prices are already cheap coming out of factories, premium is paid for premium liquids, bit like McD's vs Gordon Ramsay, factory vs handmade ... One gets what one pays for.

Just reading comments here sounds pretty misleading article, but thanks for sharing OP good to remain enlightened.

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. peter-k
    Fine

Because AA batteries are universaly available and cheap, both rechargeable or 1-way usage. No need to buy extra chargers or employ extra safety measures.
    Where a will is is a way. As an example, photographic flashes function well since ages, a capacitor is charged by the AA batteries.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  8. Scuba Vaper

Sorry, was actually agreeing with you @peter-k

I understood, but over the course of using the gadget, rechargeable batteries should work out cheaper. Also, using this way of deciding, which many people do do, aren't cigarettes cheaper than e-cigarettes?

peter-k likes this.
  9. peter-k
    Fine

I spent less when I was using tobacco. I don't know for the others, but it seems it is not really that cheap using e-cigs.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  10. Scuba Vaper

Yup, Thailand is pretty cheap for cigarettes ... UK is a different story over £10 per pack, vaping is a no brainier for saving money ... Well provided one isn't buying new mods and attys every week, and sticking non-premium liquids ...
    **Updated**
    Ps, overall, you can't put a price on health though, which I think is the whole point of the whole thing.

Siam Diesel likes this.