1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Going to the dentist again...

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Konvict, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

Well ... Maybe this doesn't make sense to me...

"We showed that when the vapors from an e-cigarette are burned, it causes cells to release inflammatory proteins, which in turn aggravate stress within cells, resulting in damage that could lead to various oral diseases," explained Rahman, who last year published a study about the damaging effects of e-cigarette vapors and flavorings on lung cells and an earlier study on the pollution effects. "How much and how often someone is smoking e-cigarettes will determine the extent of damage to the gums and oral cavity."

Vapors are burned, what are the talking about? It looks like I am still tired of two weeks of traveling and working! I can better not post anything until after this weekend!:rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel, jpr and farangmick like this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

This researcher published that vaping damages lung tissue in a previous report. Pretty sure I have seen several reports stating that it is no any more damaging than normal air to lung tissue. I have a feeling this is a hater at least interpreting results in such a way to be worse than they are.

I could be wrong of course. Won't know until another study is done by someone else. Possibly more unbiased?

4. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

The author certainly isn't a vaper. Maybe there is something in it. My gums are sometimes puffy when I run my tongue over them. But if we take too much notice of "experts" when balancing risk vs reward, we'd never dare to get out of bed, and live on organic lettuce. Time to make a bacon and sausage sandwich for supper.

Baz, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Floss & brush regularly...you'll be fine. :p
    And even if it has the same affect, it doesn't stain your teeth like stinkies do. ;)

Baz, Konvict and jpr like this.
  6. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

funny study: some good report (in france) from dentist about vaping instead of smoking.
    nearly the opposite: no mouth inflammation .
    can not help: be carrefull about vap burning never use kerosene in you DIY juice

oil, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  7. Baz
    Notworthy

Baz Active Member

If I can just put in my 2 cents worth in about this. About 3 months after I started vaping, I developed seriously sore gums myself. My teeth started to ache and cold drinks sent searing pain through my whole head! On a few (isolated) occasions the pain was that bad I thought about getting back on the ickies. Got the teeth problem fixed however so really glad I didn't have to.

For what it's worth, I did some basic research, used a little bit of commonsense and had it verified by my dentist (same one I've had for maybe 35 years) and it turns out that a possible reason for the teeth problem is that basically the vape dehydrates. And it dehydrates anywhere it goes. Of course this includes inside your gob. Not smoking cigarettes allows the blood to flow back to your gums. This is why my gum tissue was coming away from my teeth. This caused my teeth to ache all the time due to being exposed to hot and cold liquids and food. Brushing was a freakin' nightmare. Then I had the added benefit of moisture being "removed" from the tooth surface which didn't help a lot. Hey I might be talking out of my you-know-what but it sort of makes sense to me.

Eventually got my choppers and gums sorted by a couple of treatments from the dentist, drinking water a lot more (especially after a vape) and using Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief toothpaste (which I now use exclusively). Not sure if this will work for others or if it's a load of bullcrap but hey, it's fixed it for me and no problems whatsoever in the last 9 months. Anyone out there suffering a similar problem might wanna give it a go. If it works it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Just thought I'd share.

Oh, also do what SD says ... floss and brush regular. Obvious advice really but so many of us just forget. I always do the floss and brush thing now that the choppers are fixed. Don't wanna head down that road again I can tell ya. Cheers.

farangmick, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.