1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Here we go again.....

Discussion in 'E-News' started by haybilly, Jan 23, 2016.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Another mech mod incident...very sorry for the lady involved.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

3. haybilly
    Paranoid

Looks like an Efest battery

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Here's the thing which a lot of vapers won't know, it's not so much the battery more so what the battery is in/doing.
    They mention the 'Tugboat' which is both a mod and a dripper
    Unregulated device, maybe sub ohm..
    It could have been a short, battery wrong way around, or just under load with a sub ohm coil and went bang...or vented...

I've said before, vaping does need some kind of regulating but that's not going to happen, they are going to just ban it full stop due to things like this.
    Evolv DNA mods, many other good regulated mods would not end up like this.

I'll stick with my Evolv, YiHi chips and my 1.5 ohm coils with high amp batteries and be as safe as I can whilst still enjoying a very good vape and not smoking....
    I could go on but i'll leave it at this....

farangmick, haybilly and BuzzSamui like this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Again we are left with a lot of unknowns. Looks like and Efest but is it? Could be a clone. This battery thing is going to have to get nailed down or it may be the nail in our coffins. I have vented one battery. It was a Sony VTC5. It was on a mech and an odd situation. I had just built a new dual coil on a Tugboat V2 deck. The build was ohming out fine at .4 ohms. Put the deck on a KTS+ mech. Went to burn in the coils and the mod got hot really fast. Let off the fire button. Took the deck off, back on the ohm meter .4 ohms. OK. This is weird. Put back on the mech started to fire again and the mod got so hot I immediately had to drop it. No major issue as far as fire or explosions. Just hissing for a minute or too. After investigating further it turns out that the center pin of the 510 connector on the top cap of the mod had pushed through the insulator and was causing a direct short. The mod was only a week old at the time, so my assumption is that the insulator was either defective to start with or was not set properly from the factory. I had never heard of a defect like this and it took me a little while to figure it out. Could it have gone worse? I'm sure it could have. Who do we blame in this situation? The battery was not to blame, the deck or build was not to blame, I could put all the blame on the KTS+ and it defiantly had a problem but I take responsibility for the incident. Although this was a defect that was undetectable at first, I know that when dealing with a mech there is no protection built it. It is the users responsibility to make sure that the device is as safe as possible. Not putting any blame on the person involved in the above incident but when using a mech there is a higher risk involved and you need to know that you have a good battery and there are no defects in the device. Battery and device safety may not eliminate all problems but will go a long way in reducing the risks involved.

farangmick and haybilly like this.
  6. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

This was discussed on The Ideal Ohm Show Thursday but it sounds fishy... The injuries aren't consistent with the story and the guy whom I am all sure we wish well has not commented since the story broke when questioned and neither has the paper which is a tabloid known for fabricating or grossly exageratting stories to sell.

Oh while you are there please vote NO to the poll if ecigs should be banned

E-cig battery turned me into a human FIREBALL as I slept

E-cig battery turned me into a human FIREBALL as I slept - Mirror Online

7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out the launching drip tips and top caps that seem to take place in these reports as well. I'm not a rocket scientist but there is a reason bullets and other projectiles aren't built with a big hole in the middle.

8. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Als talked about a lot here too :wink:

E-cig battery turned me into a human FIREBALL | Thailand Vapers

v 4 vendetta likes this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

I went back to the scurrilous Daily Mirror article, and signed the petition, good to see that the % is seriously in our favour at the moment- 67% No to Ban, 37% (WTF) for a Ban. The comments are good to read also, not one was anti Vape.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Olibodhi

Olibodhi New Member

Batteries explode everyday....

How many ecigs accidents this year ?

- ballpoint pens kill on average one hundred people a year
    - mobile phones kill 6000 drivers a year in the US alone (texting while driving)
    - beds kill 450 people a year (when people fall out of them)
    - vending machines kill 13 people a year
    - 3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
    - 9 people have died from eating batteries since 1985
    - dozens of people have injured or killed from exploding mobile phone batteries.

-1.png

Dieter. and haybilly like this.