1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

IMR 18650 3100 mAh EFEST 20A: Warning

Discussion in 'E-News' started by -V-, Nov 8, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

IMR 18650 3100 mAh EFEST 20A: Warning, these batteries are dangerous!

This information is especially important for merchants who sell these batteries. We had already warned the EFEST Purple 2,500mAh battery announcing whimsical performance, especially in terms of continuous discharge, which can quickly be dangerous under certain conditions of use (low and very low resistance) .

The IMR 18650 2500 mAh EFEST announced for the 35A continuous discharge, are actually LG cells supporting a peak value of 35A but a 20A continuous discharge.

EFEST recurred, this time more dangerous, announcing in labeling its 3100mAh battery continuous discharge 20A, thus supporting theoretically securely 0.25 ohm resistors. Dampfakku showed that these Efest Purple 20A are actually Panasonic continuous discharge cells supporting 4A (!), And maximum (and therefore for a short duration), 6,4A. The limit for the resistors in order to vaper safely with these batteries is not 0.25 ohm but above 0.8ohm ... what makes us still a big difference. The cells used by EFEST 3100mAh "20A" are those of the Panasonic NCR18650BE

Once more tests DampfAkkus are final .

In general, remember that the more capacity (mAh) increases, the actual discharge capacity continuously decreases. So do not be fooled by mostly let the labeling of batteries.

Traders, you have to put pressure on EFEST so that they stop playing this kind of products promising anything, it's dangerous ... and in the case of IMR 18650 3100 mAh EFEST 20A, such deception on goods could lead to breakage of equipment or personal injury.

Google Translate

LG 18650HE2 2500mAh - IMR or ICR? 30A or 20A?

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I just received and email from Efest, not sure why, probably due to an enquiry I made with them in the past. Haven't read it myself yet but here it is in it's entirety.

To Caring Efest company all Customers:

Many customers hope us to clarify whole things about Efest batteries ( Dangerous? rewraped? overvalued? ), we should not have to response all questions to get more troubles, but we hope everyone knows the truth.

As we know, Efest is the first company to make the high drain cells for vaping market in China, we do know safty is the most important than any other companies, each Efest cell has three protection, and we never sell any fake batteries to any customers.

There are many chinese company are copying our cells like EH, Efan, Newise, MX..... they even do not know what is IMR high drain cells, just copy our all design without logo, do not care about quality and customer's safty, just make the same lables to cheat customers. They are starting to make the same lable, box. We spent half year studying batteries, but they just took few days to make out. We make the red and purple batteries, they did follow us to make the same color same amps printings on their batteries), but there are no customers blamming them. Most companies are rewrapping, but there are no customers blamming even they knows rewrapping. We just hope all customers can be kindly to Efest, comparing with all other companies, we did the first step for many good things like: stating more clearly on discharging amps ( We are the first company to put out discharging amps), making nice middle box ( all chinese forwarder can ship batteries as per our company package ).

Dangerous ? Never
    We tested the discharging current of the purple Efest IMR 18650 2500mAh battery is 35A and purple Efest IMR 18650 3100mAh battery 20A, so we mark " discharging current" is 35A and 20A. It is true, not false. We had tested it is safe to use on the ecig mods, flashlight, etc. before we publish them on the market. We also received many good feedbacks that said our purple batteries are perfect for sub-ohm devices. Our purple batteries were launched from Dec. 2013. We never received any bad feedback about our purple 18650 battteries from our customers so far.

Overvalued ? Never
    Regarding to the discharging current on batteries, we had collected most of the customers' kind feedbacks, started to describe both continuous discharging current and pulse discharging current on our batteries and made it on our NEW PURPLE Efest IMR 26650 batteries.
    Efest never high valued every cell, we all put lower capacity, current than our testing result : http://ukvapers.org/Thread-New-Efest-26650-batteries

Rewrapped? 3900pcs
    As our statement in May, we did rewarpped 3900pcs VTC4 batteries due to the shortage of battery raw materials in our factory, o
    ur factory decided to use some Sony VTC4 batteries to replace the Efest purple IMR 2100mah batteries in order to handle every esteemed
    customers' orders well.

All the Efest purple series and red series IMR batteries are manufactured and sold out only by Efest factory. Our company provide 6 months warranty for all of the batteries. If there is any problem with
    our batteries' quality during the warranty period, we promise will send total new replacements to you.

And please tell us which batteries data you want, we will send them if you need. please kindly feel free to contact our sales representatives at anytime, we will reply you very promptly!

Trust us, Efest only bring you Safe, reliable, Profit. Thanks for your support all the time.

Best regards,

Kikis

3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I am not sure how I feel about this particular sentence ^^

Sent from the future

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It's certainly not good practice, I don't know what it is with Asia, bad practice and thinking people will never know the difference.
    At least they chose the VTC4. All of their batteries will now be under suspicion due to actions of their own.

kurt likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Whenever I have a question on batteries, I check this guy's site. He posts under HKJ on the flashlight forums and he knows his stuff! Batteries and chargers

It's very troubling that Efest saw fit to re-wrap Sony cells without saying anything. For me, that's enough to rule them out of future consideration.

Konvict likes this.
  6. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Yeah, if it was the VTC4 that was behind the purple wrap yeah I'd be happy with that.

7. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Don't trust them, never have and will never recommend them for anything...that letter should scare people.