1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Irealand-Medical Matters: Is Vaping safer than smoking?

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Anbessa, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Thread Starter Come&Go Member

2. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

hard to believe its that low, but i am happy to be in that 7% :grin:

3. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Thread Starter Come&Go Member

Yeh and i fell luckier and happier being one of the 7 % only as well.

- - - Updated - - -

11% according to this article which i actually informative in a whole.Check the side notes.

Code:
    Usage

Electronic cigarette sales increased from 50,000 in 2008 to 3.5 million in 2012.[37] As of 2011, in the United States, one in five adults who smoke have tried electronic cigarettes.[39] In a UK survey conducted in 2013 of more than 12,000 adults, 11% of regular smokers in the sample identified themselves as using electronic cigarettes and 24% stated that they had used them in the past. Amongst non-smokers in the same sample, 1% said they had tried them and 0% stated that they were currently using them.[40]
    Electronic cigarette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imperial Tobacco Agrees to Acquire Dragonite

4. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

well i am sure the number is higher, or would be higher with the proper devices, i tried to switch to vaping 2 years ago with some GreenSmoke eCigs, didnt gave me the kick, if i would have had a Mech Mod with a 18650 Battery and an normal Atty i would have switched 2 years ago already

5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Lot's of crappy products coming up, if the tobacco industry takes over. Exactly Oil, if the smokers get decent equipment I am sure the percentage will be a lot higher, but I fear that will not happen, when the tobacco industry take over the e-cigarette marked.

6. pommyb

pommyb New Member

I know Wickipedia has got a bad rep, but they have still managed to put a good unbiassed viewpoint re vaping. I have to sat that for whatever reason the vaping community is in for a hard time in far too many countries.

7. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Not necessarily true...the tobacco companies have a vested interest in making the best devices out there, or at least buying the companies that make them. They also have the capital to make massive high-quality production runs, and the lawyers to stop people from copying their designs. I foresee the same thing we have with printer ink, great stuff cheap that is impossible to refill yourself. Sealed cartridges "for your protection". Then they will lobby that sealed cartridges needs to be the only way, because people could poison shipments blah blah blah. We'll all probably have a few of them because you'll be able to buy the cartridges at every 7-11. What we do now will be the equivalent of cigars to cigarettes, or single malt to beer, something people use more for the flavor and experience than the fix.

That's my opinion, anyway.

8. YeOldeOke

YeOldeOke New Member

Vaping is growing at a spectacular rate, and it is not only because of the ease of quitting smoking it offers. 7% success rate? As someone said: Pull my other leg, it's got bells on it.

The thing with vaping is the hobby aspect. It grabs many and pretty soon their creative side emerges and they wanna brew their own, and try others' brews. Much easier to make than your own homebrew beer.

So the craft market will be big. And there will always be a significant market niche for craft juice and hardware. And it won't be legislated away, no matter how hard they try.

9. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

well as i see things, the big player companies are only interested in one thing
    PROFIT, and they give a rats fu.... about all other things

it has been mentioned earlier somewhere else, with Gillette Razor Blades, iPod Batteries, Ink Printers is a very good example too, same goes for bottled water and 10000 other things

its all produces for the trash bin, and only for the short sighted profit.
    The Question is where does all the trash goes?

Back to topic, i think its a educational thing, the reason why i wasnt a vaper 2 years ago was that i was looking for eCig with look like cigs, and its a natural behavior every Smoker thought about tht when he heard 1st time from eCigs. I actually recall i ordered my very first eCig 4-5 years ago, it really fitted in a Marlboro box, needless to say the performance so worse that i reget every penny i spend on it. A few years later i ve seen Greensmoke Cigs producing good vapor, loved it ordered it. Vape was good in a fresh bought Cartomizer, but actually only for 1 or 2 hours. def. not like for 20 cigs as claimed. Battery empty as well after shot time.

I had serious health issues then and after 2 years on constant tries i managed to stop smoking pyros, and it was very very hard after 27 years of smoking. I gained a easy 12 kg of weight, and all the health benefits it had fom being a nonsmoker i had again for being a super fatty LOL

then i stumbled into MikeV here on the board, andhe told me how easy it was for him, and how crucial it is that they dont look like normal cigs, so i gave it shot right away. and since then i am vaping 0mg Nic. Not in the same habit while i was a smoker, but when friends come, or after eating, coffee, and those even, a vape is just great.

so imho, its more about the education on getting the right devices, the biggest harm for eCigs are are actually the eCigs which look like Cigs :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014