1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

No juice can be posted in the UK via Royal mail postal service

Discussion in 'E-News' started by -V-, Jul 12, 2013.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Royal Mail Changes July 2013

As many people have discovered, Royal Mail are catching up with International shipping policies and implementing them for domestic post. What does this mean to our industry? A gigantic pain in the arse, that's what it means.
    As with any new royal mail policy change it's as clear as mud and many people add their own thoughts and opinions. What I have done is asked all 3 post offices in Abergavenny (one of which being the sorting office) differently phrased questions and they have all given the same response. This has then been clarified over the phone.

You will no longer, under any circumstances be able to post:

Nicotine - As it is a toxic liquid
    Loose lithium ion batteries due to safety concerns. They can be shipped WITH a device, provided they are secured and not able to be punctured/damaged, however no more than 2 batteries can be in one parcel.
    As of 15/07/13 anyone posting parcels will be asked what it contains to check whether it is in line with the new regulations. All main distribution centres will have "airport" x-ray scanners (not spectrometers...I’m told...) and if any package looks suspicious then it will be opened. If the contents are in breach of the new regulations then the item will be destroyed and the sender will receive up to £3000 fine.

We could go down the Chinese route of miss-labelling our nicotine and carry on regardless, however this would A. Be illegal and B. Be fecking dangerous!!

So, an all-round crap fest? Yes indeed!

What does it mean to Kraken Ecigs?

Well, as much as I'd love a fine for sending eliquid it's just not worth the risk!
    This regulation could not have come at a more annoying time, with our made-to-order eliquid range coming online very soon it put me in a royal quandary! I really have spent a large part of the day looking into alternative couriers, comparing pricing etc.

One thing I will say is that I will not use MyHermes to ship items due to the way the company is run and outsourced, after talking to one of their drivers it has put me off EVER using the company (and of course seeing everyone’s comments from a factory seconds seller from China). With MyHermes out of the equation, it leaves only one courier that is not an absolutely absurd price!

"Economy" Between 3-5 Days £4.90
    "First Class" Within 2 Days £5.60
    I will still use Royal Mail first recorded (£4.10) for everything non e-liquid related

As a vaper myself, I know that this is a high price to pay for postage, especially for a couple of bottles of juice. Well, to make things better for you, the customer, I will be making some alterations to the way the reward points system works. Stay tuned to Facebook/twitter/YouTube or just bookmark this blog!

I hope you will continue to purchase e-liquid from Kraken Ecigs and I really will try and find viable ways to still give you value for money.

proofofpostage.jpg

Royal Mail Changes July 2013 ~ Quality Ecig & E-Liquid From Kraken ECigs

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014