1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

No vaping on airplanes (USA)

Discussion in 'E-News' started by debatedude, Mar 3, 2016.

1. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Thread Starter Mech Moderator Staff Member

Electronic cigarettes banned on all commercial flights in, to, and from USA
    So...no vaping in the head. No stealth vaping under a blanket. At least vape gear can still be transported aboard the plane.

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but this isn't a change...neither of these were 'allowed' before this reg.

I'm more concerned with the passage about e-cig aerosol containing "a number of harmful chemicals". Everything I've read to date indicates that this is pure BS.

Konvict, Tibo, Loki and 1 other person like this.
  3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Thread Starter Mech Moderator Staff Member

True, but we are talking about a government regulatory agency - not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

The other reasoin for this has to be not lack of understanding by the governing bodies but even more the general public. It is seen by many people all over the world as the same as cigarettes and harmful. mainly because of the BS "Research" that is being quoted ad-nauseum by the FDA Big tobacco big pharma anti vaping and smoking groups as well as the governments, while genuine research is being ignored. This means that the airlines will be leaving themselves open to frivilous law suits as well as constant complaints on board the planes from the passengers. As much as I hate the idea it makes sense that they would ban it on all airlines regardless of the individual airline policies.

Loki, Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Unless they change the smoke detector in the toilet for a laser one, you'll be safe stealth vaping there :)

Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  6. Lyss
    Bored

Lyss Well-Known Member

"The ban does not include the use of medical devices such as a nebulizers."
    This can be a way around.

7. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

I totally understand that blowing clouds (even if it is not harmful) should be regulated.

I can totally understand the non-smoker, non-vaper not wanting to inhale what we exhale. I personally always thought that use of e-cigs in planes were forbidden.....

8. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

I am old enough to have sat in a passenger plane that had ashtrays built into the arm rests. But I guess there was a time when second hand smoke was not an issue. I guess cabin fire was not an issue as well.

Imagine a 20 hr flight with a dozen smokers.

debatedude likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Flights in Russia still allow smoking (or they did a few years back when I was there). ;)

And once on an Alitalia flight, I was sitting in the first row behind the smoking section...the minute the no-smoking light went off, a thick cloud of smoke arose from that section as everyone lit up. It was ugly!

Konvict, debatedude and Scratchy like this.
  10. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Many moons ago I was on a internal Alyemda flight and the was no separate smoking section...the plane took off and just about every passenger lit up...after about 10mins you couldn't see the front of the passenger cabin from the back...even tho I was a smoker then it was very bad!

Siam Diesel likes this.