1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Online Retail Sales Prohibited in Arkansas Effective Today (22 Jul 15)

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Siam Diesel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Thread Starter Nauti Moderator Staff Member

From the US State of Arkansas, the birthplace of Bill Clinton (link)...this is just the beginning, I fear. :(

upload_2015-7-22_17-13-25.png upload_2015-7-22_17-9-0.png

Rowdy likes this.
  2. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thinking of the Vaping expo NJ 2015, it's very clear what is happening in the States, formerly "the land of the free" acording to their own propaganda, now "the land of the guided sheep's". Everything at the moment just takes a very sad turn back to the dark middle ages.

I have never been convinced, that the states where so modern, as they appeared to be on movies, or in advertising, I always looked at The states as a somewhat backward society. It's still prohibition instead of freedom. Just so bloody sad.

Neilly likes this.
  3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

That is a sad news that we should all worry about. I hope EU is not going to copycat this kind of action.

I wonder how the US vaping community is going to react to this, if they going to react at all.

Thank for the share SD.

Rowdy, Siam Diesel and Dieter. like this.
  4. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

They will. In the European TPD they already implemented it. If a company in another country wants to sell online they have to be registered in that country, they want to sell to. They have to have some responsible people in the country. That means that if a Chinese company online wants to sell to customers in Denmark, then the Chinese company must have a representative in Denmark, who can ask for the autorisation/licence to sell to people in Denmark. If a Danish company wants to sell to lets say the Germans they also need an office in Germany and so on. Just wait for next year since its from 2016, that the EU menberstates have to implement this terrible TPD.

Rowdy, Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

Sadly that there are so many corrupt politicians in the world today. In the past we never thought about corrupt politicians in Denmark, but now we follow the rest. I am glad I am not living in Denmark any more. Soon Denmark will be little menber state of the corrupt United European Nations.
    **Updated**
    Hi Dieter. That is never going to work with an office in Denmark for Chinese vendors. Then they would have to check every single packet from china to see if the sender is registret in Denmark.
    I would think if they did succed the Danish people will find a way around it.
    The Danish government should take care of the Danish welfare which are on the slide insted of this .

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

But I think that is the whole point. Make it so complicated that the Chinese won't even bother trying. If they do, they break the law and therefore EU have all the excuses to interfere.

I don't know much about Denmark and corruptions, but I doubt my country can set an example on this. Our politicians are part of the best scums walking on this earth, it has been since 1969 that they stopped worrying about their own people.

Thank you @Dieter. for the information. We have strict rules in France for the eliquid as well but they are mainly related to hygiene and health, not yet so much on import/export. It is still easy to get anything from China or US.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Huh? He hasn't posted here...

8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I am not sure what you are talking about. My post seems fine ^^ "must've been a computer glitch" :vaping:

v 4 vendetta and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

This has and will always be about the money. Under the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA), the States were promised money based on the number of cigarettes sold. They, in turn, borrowed against this anticipated revenue stream from the Feds or Wall Street (via bonds). Now, they're receiving less & less under the MSA because people aren't buying as many packs of cancer sticks. They should be happy about that...good for public health and all that...right?? Except that now they can't pay back the money they borrowed due to the decreased revenue from the MSA...oops. So, to protect their MSA revenue, they're 'discouraging' vaping so people keep buying cigarettes. Talk about a FUBARed mess!!!

Truth About Vaping | Thailand Vapers

Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    :very good:

11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

This is so twisted, I had no idea about this. Thank you for sharing this information SD, I am enjoying reading it and being able to have a better understanding of this situation.

What a sick world we are living in..

Wighlander and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Haven't I?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Lol...just knew I should have added 'yet' to the end of that sentence... ;)

14. Wighlander
    Question

Wighlander Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xeir and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Reading all these really puts a dark cloud over a Friday... Sigh..

Vaping has been around for quite a long time now right? But is it only recently that the number of converts from analogs to e-cigs picked up so very drastically that slowly and surely 1 fine day e-cigs will be banned altogether and we all have to do this all underground mode?

Its sad to see this is like a sunset industry. the fight for right to vape seems like a losing battle but I salute all fighters for trying so hard. I really hope to see some good news instead, like some country annoucing that they finally see the light and say that vaping IS REALLY A FANTASTIC ALTERNATIVE TO SMOKING and they will now give out a basic kit to whoever want to try to quit smoking!.......wishfull thinking....

damn... really very depressing to keep hearing this and that govt taking measures against something that is suppose to help smokers to a better alternative. I need to chain vape now...

lordofthedread, Tibo and Wighlander like this.