1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Paypal Acceptable Use Policy Changes :/

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Rick O-Shea, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

"Suck it up buttercup."

PayPal

upload_2015-4-25_20-23-17.png

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

So in plain English :wink:??

3. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

You will have to submit every webiste containing vapor products to PayPal for approval before you can pay on them. Meaning in Thailand we are screwed and won't be able to pay via PayPal. Simple as that.

Dark times indeed...

4. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Papal sucks anyway and now that they are splitting from ebay they will hopefully die a horrible death and never be heard from again.

kurt, David in Bangkok and Dieter. like this.
  5. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

But you can continue toget your aroma theropy supplies from me using Paypal.:grin:

kurt and jon like this.
  6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

As much as i hate PayPal, it has been important for me as a vaper...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    haybilly and jon like this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Totally agree

8. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

I'm not much in for PayPal, but it is convenient to use at many sites. But have to change back to credit card then.

9. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Holy Sh*t!!
    That's my buying gear online finished.
    F**k!

10. haybilly
    Paranoid

I don't have a Thai Credit Card-suppose my UK card might work, but this new rule really sucks,when does/did it comes into force?

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

What is the justification? Since when did these companies give a toss about our health?

12. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

Looks like any online retailers which may be seriously affected will simply offer the purchase of "gift certificates" which a lot of us are familiar with ;) I don't think PP as a business want to get out of one of the world's fastest growing markets, this is purely them covering their asses against any potential mass lawsuits if health issues can be directly linked to vaping years down the road.

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  13. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Not sure about the gift certificates thingy @judas. Any purchase must be authorized meaning you have to send them the link and a brief description of what you intend to buy (or what the website is selling). If you don't comply you risk your account locked. Believe me it could be OK for a website with no mention of vape in the title but probably won't for others.

Many websites are already removing PayPal as payment options....

14. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

My understanding of the following is that only the seller must get pre-approval from PP with no such requirement on the buyer:
    Service Requiring Pre-Approval

Contact Information

… selling … non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices.

Please send contact information, business website URL and brief business summary to aup@paypal.com

You are IMO spot on in regards to vendors whose entire business is vape related, they will certainly have problems. Companies such as FT and Gearbest will, IMO, have no problems going down the "gift cert' road as they offer a huge variety of non vaping items for sale. In fact there are a number of comments on this forum where non Thailand based PP accounts have had purchases from FT blocked for "Aspire" purchases and this was solved with buying a different item, cancelling it, receiving refund as gift cert, then using that to buy the original item.

Let's see how it plays out. I'm not too concerned ATM, perhaps that will change ;)

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  15. haybilly
    Paranoid

It sounds like there will be work arounds, but they don't sound like they are going to be that simple. It's still a pain in the butt, IMHO.