1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Junk science that's killing smokers

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Dieter., Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

I found this article today and think it's a good summary of what is going on. Here a "Teaser"

18 E-Cig Studies Exposed As Junk Science
    Categories: campaign, research 5 Comments
    [​IMG] 5 26 November
    Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos does a huge amount for the vaping community. He’s a prolific researcher and he spends a lot of time refuting anti-vaping junk science.

In response to his efforts to get a study retracted, he received the following email from a consumer:

[​IMG]

This heartbreaking story cuts to the core of a big problem…

the use of flawed studies to convince people vaping is dangerous.

And similar stories are unfolding around the world.

In Public Health England’s report and the accompanying statement, the authors draw attention to two key points:

• “The current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking.”
    • “Nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking.”
    So what’s going on?

There are concerns about the potential risks of e-cigarettes.

But most of the time, the things we hear about potential risks of vaping depend on the “cherry-picking” of poor-quality studies.

The problem is that this works.

When confronted with the findings of a scientific study, clicking the link and trying to check the evidence for yourself is a lot of work. It’s easier to just take the results at face value, but they often aren’t justified.

So, which severely flawed studies are most often cherry-picked by the opponents of vaping?

Which pieces of research should those against vaping simply stop citing?

Here are 18 of the worst offenders.

Exposed: 18 E-Cig Studies That Are Killing Smokers

Richard, haybilly, Neilly and 3 others like this.
  2. Frayedmind
    Happy

Frayedmind Well-Known Member

the more money b.t. lose, the more crap is spread thanks for the links.

3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Just came back to this post and realised that it's from a very useful source, that I'm also subscribed to- I recommend that all Vapers interested in the World view of Vaping should join both this-
    The Ashtray Blog,

And also get the
    Planet Of The Vapes Newsletter

Between these two you should find all the latest shenanigans being foisted onto us Vapers by Politicians, Quasi- Medical types and their paymasters at Big Tobacco, and maybe, just maybe, we can try to stay one step ahead of their deceitful trickery.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

And how many of these "researchers" get generous grants from Phillip Morris or BAT, as long as they reach the right conclusion? The tabloid press will always prefer an American blowing his head off to any actual facts.
    **Updated**
    I forgot. The British NHS are planning to dish out e-cigs on prescription, (which means free to the underclass they are targeting). Great publicity for the vaping cause, but they've chosen primitive cig-a-likes from E-Voke, that would never have worked for me. Win win for BAT, who own E- Voke!

Dieter. likes this.