1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Two-year old fatally drinks liquid refill for electronic cigarette

Discussion in 'E-News' started by -V-, May 30, 2013.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Police investigating toddler’s death from nicotine overdose Authorities look at possible negligence after two-year old fatally drinks liquid refill for electronic cigarette

Police on Tuesday launched an investigation into possible negligence after doctors were unable to save the life of a young girl who died from drinking liquid nicotine on Tuesday.

Naomi Elbaz, just two and a half, collapsed at her parents home in the ultra-Orthodox Beit Yisrael neighborhood of Jerusalem.

A Magen David Adom ambulance crew tried to resuscitate the girl who was found in a dazed state. After stabilizing her pulse, they evacuated her to the nearby Hadassah Hospital Mount Scopus. However, the youngster’s condition rapidly deteriorated and she was transferred to the Hadassah Hospital in Ein Kerem for further treatment. Despite desperate efforts by doctors, she eventually died.

Initial reports said that Elbaz’s parents were not with her when she drank the liquid and she was being watched over by her grandparents. At some point the toddler, an only child, went to her grandfather’s room and drank from a small bottle of liquid nicotine that he used to refill his electronic cigarette. The bottle was sent to a police laboratory for tests to determine exactly what was in the liquid.

Police investigating toddlers death from nicotine overdose | The Times of Israel

2. -V-
    Cool

I'm sorry to have read this, but at the same time this can only make things worse for vapers around the world.

A must is to keep your nic juice out to the reach of children.
    As it will kill a small child if drank
    The juice I get from China all have the safety child caps on them.
    BUT juices I have bought from both the UK and the USA often don't have these kinds of child proof caps on them.
    This really is a MUST imho

3. Sunny_BKK

Sunny_BKK New Member

It is absolutely essential.
    Having 2 kids at home, younger one being 7 months old now, and older being 7 years old, I keep all my liquids in a plastic bag and keep that in a brown envelop, and tuck them away where they can't reach them.

4. -V-
    Cool

:very good::very good:

I keep all mine locked away in my office at work, the few bottles I have in my vaping bag for when I am not in my office all have safety child caps and they are never left anywhere where my children can get at them EVER!!!!!!