1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Understanding the Crusade Against E Cigarettes

Discussion in 'E-News' started by haybilly, Dec 22, 2015.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Securing the profit for few very big companies, that's what I found as the real reason. It sounds impossible but it's true.

Health concerns with "open vaping" from a company who poisons people knowingly since the 50's, that's ridiculous.

The only language they understand is the sound of money. Conclusion is people ought not buying anything from the big T's anymore.

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I sometime wonder, how much money the prostitute Mr. Stanton Glantz is making from the Tobacco Industry, or if he just is so plain stupid, as his writings suggest. But there is no doubt in my mind. This is all about money. It was not the big Tobacco or big pharma, who invented the e-cigarette, but many small companies. And they have to be punished and the users too for that sake. There is not a free market. That is not how capitalism works. As soon as companies are big enough, they fight competition with false claims, and if that does not help they lobby their way through government agencies for help in crushing the competition, and that is where we are now. Next question is how corrupt the politicians and government agencies are, and if they will succeed or not. My guess is they just might succeed, because greedy politicians can always use some extra lobby money. Thank you for sharing this @haybilly

farangmick, Ben B, etlava and 4 others like this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

I agree, Dieter, it's all rather sad, really- and the Health of, probably, many Millions is at stake- but then, what do 'they' care.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    I'm sure that, if we had contemporary authors around today, of the likes of George Orwell, he'd be writing a book right now.

farangmick, Siam Diesel and Loki like this.
  5. peter-k
    Fine

- Articles about so called pop-corn lungs which have no other intention than scaring people
    I worked in the company who was the supplier of the flavour at that time to precisely this factory. The factory used this material at 400 % overdose, far beyond th recommended and usual in the industry dosage levels. Additionally production standards were lacking, i.e. ventilation systems not working and the production method prehistoric.

- Reports about diacetyl found in e-cigarette in some liquids, without saying all cigarettes do contain a certain amount of diacetyl
    It is no big problem for the flavour industry not using diacetyl, best as a standard for everyone.

- Stating about chemicals used to make e-liquid not being tested for vaping usage
    ... but not saying from the thousands of chemicals found in cigarettes actually only few are known to us. About 80 % are not even known. Yep, that's right, you read that correctly. Nobody really knows what's in there. Correct usage and application granted, many of these flavouring materials are safer to use as compared to natural materials. We know these chemicals well but not always the natural chemicals.

- Most flavouring materials used to make vaping products are used for industrial food production methods for decades, which do involve heat processes
    If they are harmful for vaping then they are as well harmful to be used in certain industrial food production.

And finally:
    - Alocating the leading companies of the tabacco industry to take care of the e-cigarette business.
    To me that's the same as Mr. Heineken to be legally made the exclusice fabricator of alcohol patches, and fight alcoholism.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    farangmick, Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

Well said, totally agree. Shame Joe Public isn't quite as well informed.

7. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Here something else for sharing!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

8. haybilly
    Paranoid

There's a new piece of 'Research' for want of a better word, coming out of some Institute in California which is very negative- it's already been shot to pieces by pro vaping lobbies, but be prepared to hear about it soon in the media.

I will post a link soon
    OK, here's one from a crap 'News' paper in UK (The Mirror)
    E-cigarettes can cause cancer even when they are nicotine-free, scientists claim - Mirror Online

And I will add the original 'Scientific' link, although I use that word very loosely.

Here,
    Cell harm seen in lab tests of e-cigarettes | EurekAlert! Science News

I will try to find some of the replies from Vaping Lobbyists, or someone might beat me to it.

The problem with the research was that they immersed tissues, prone to oral, neck, etc cancers in an E Liquid solution for 8 weeks, adding fresh E Liquid every 2 or 3 days, and then subjected the tissues to tests to determine the cells response, not anywhere near a real life situation. There's more, but I need to find my sources.
    **Updated**
    I'm just copying a piece I just put out in one of the FB ECig Groups, to try to get some balance-
    Recent News Media Outlets have been running 'Scare-Mongering' articles with Headlines saying that E-Cigs are 'No Safer Than Cigarettes'--this is taken from a very poorly researched Californian Study--it is already being rubbished and criticized in both Scientific and Medical circles, as well obviously in Vaping arenas--another vocal criticism has come from Anti-Smoking lobbyists, wherein they say that bad science, like the Californian study, will do great harm by giving people who might have quit smoking by switching more reasons to continue smoking cigarettes.

Here is a response from a UK source, Clive bates who is a leading light in Vape UK-
    Credulous or cynical? Science journalists played yet again by e-cigarette pseudoscience and spin « The counterfactual
    **Updated**
    Another response-E-cigs - "Vaping is no safer that smoking", causes CANCER - General Discussion - Digital Spy Forums
    **Updated**
    And here-
    Doctor Debunks Claim E-Cigarettes No Safer Than Smoking | The Daily Caller
    **Updated**
    A better heading--
    New study shows e-cigs are safer than tobacco smoke...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    npililis, farangmick, Emmess and 2 others like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

@haybilly - thanks for posting the links to the responses...

As we can see, Big Stinky & the Pill Pushers are still hard at work...vaping is having an effect on their pocketbooks!!
    :vaping: :vaping:

farangmick and Dieter. like this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

I was not aware that health of the people is no concern but only money. I was still thinking there is a moral and ethical barrier. I now understand that is absolutely not the case.

The kind of articles such as the tissue submerged into e-liquid prove nothing than the intention to manipulate.

haybilly, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I am still in the process to write on my letter to the Danish health committe and the minister, and at the moment in the process of finding facts, and putting it on paper. Next round is to get the letter into a decent shape, removing words like you idiots, corrupt bastards and the like. When I refered to the Mr. Jensen Portland University and his findings of formaldehyde in e-cigarettes well not, when vaped it normally, but by using 5 volt instead of 3.2 he managed to find the formaldehyde under dry puff conditions, I came to thing of The fight between Thomas Alva Edison and Nicolas Tesla. Since Edison had all his money tied up with the companies that produced direct current, he got his employers to kill dogs, cats and a cow with Alternating current to prove to the world that Nicola Teslas alternating current was a danger to humanity. As I see it today the Big Tobacco and some part of the Big Pharma are just doing exactly the same.

Neilly, haybilly, peter-k and 3 others like this.
  12. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the Tobacco Products Directive for vapour products? « The counterfactual

The above refers to the EU Tobacco Products Directive that will come into force on the 20th May 2016, (my 60th Birthday, you bastards). Virtually all advertising relating to vaping to be banned. You tube reviews blocked, even those from outside the EU. Many vape shops and juice manufacturers will surely go to the wall, since the only new business they will be able to get will be word of mouth.
    How the UK government explains slavishly following this directive, whilst the NHS is giving out free cig-a-likes to the underclass to help them stop smoking, will be interesting to see.

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

Absolutely right, Mick, although I think that UK just might be one of the European countries who adopt a slightly more watered down version, I can't be sure though- there are many petitions going around which all Vapers should be signing (currently one in German in Facebook, I believe, and I will try to find a link because they want all of us to help and sign) and the UK Vape Company Totally Wicked have put a challenge together to the European Parliament, but it's not looking good.
    Here's another good rebuttal of the recent lies and deceit from that California study, this time from the Guardian.
    No, there's still no evidence e-cigarettes are as harmful as smoking | Science | The Guardian

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Strange start to the New Year. Reading a Guardian article I totally agree with, whilst the Thai family next door are belting out covers of "Take Me Home Country Road" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" on the stereo.

npililis, Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  15. haybilly
    Paranoid

You're in a Parallel Universe, you haven't woken up from last night yet.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.