1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Watts UP?! The TPD & The Future

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Neilly, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Thread Starter Flavour Chaser

I knew this would be worth watching...

Loki, Dieter., farangmick and 2 others like this.
  2. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

That was a long but very informative watch. Hopefully the future won't be too grim, at least for the countries the signed the grandfather clause.

Vic covered the tanks and mods but didn't mention anything about the liquid? 0mg would still be fine I guess but I'm sure most vapers need something with at least some nicotine in it. Not to mention it will make it harder for smokers to transition to vaping straightaway with 0mg juice.

Glad I watched the vid, now I know why most mods use those 18650 battery :surprised:

farangmick likes this.
  3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Same in Australia, they can sell zero nic juice but that's it, so vapers import the nic concentrate and add that to their own juice they buy from the Australian vendors.

Jared S, Dieter. and farangmick like this.
  4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

He loves the whole 'drama' does Vic..lol....and a bit of back biting...
    25:08 mark on this video as about the man Vic:

Still interesting to watch though...

5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Vic forgets one very important thing!

Holland also signed the grandfather clause but all shops cannot sell attys that can hold more than 2 ml since mid of 2015!

Other information I will not put here because it is an open thread.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Dieter. likes this.
  6. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Thread Starter Flavour Chaser

One thing that wasn't mentioned was juice (as Jared mentioned above)...do they still sell Nic'd juice in Holland?

Jared S, Dieter. and Konvict like this.
  7. Konvict
    Relaxed

Yes, they do but only 10 ml bottle juices with a maximum of 20mg nic.

But if you know they are really preparing for doomsday in Holland there is more going to happen!

Tax, import, shops, leak free atty, atty with non adjustable airflow, mods without adjustable wattage/voltage are just a few of the hot topics they are talking about...

8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

And I thought the States was messed up! That's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared S, farangmick and Konvict like this.
  9. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I watched the entire show, or rather I listened while doing something else. I am only aboard since the end of Sept. I was wondering why nobody fights, but everybody just stocks up.

I can see now they do regulate the market, because the market missed regulating itself. 200 W devices, "dry herbs", ... Men, did you guys really think they'd just accept it?

10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I can see myself eventually getting down to low nic, or possibly even zero, because I am enjoying vaping so much. But getting smokers to switch, with nic free juice! Might as well put on a baldy Kojak wig and hand out free lollipops to suck on.

Jared S, Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

"Vic...Cut your nails" Hilarious as the very first video I saw of Vic posted here I commented in reply that his nails freak me out.

Do have to say that I like watching some of Vic's reviews

Dieter. likes this.
  13. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

The grandfather clause in the TPD allows for bigger tanks/attys, so it is the implementation in the Dutch law, that is strict, than it had to be, because the problem is, that the TPD allows member states to go further. The 10 ml e-juice bottles and the 2 ml tank should first be finally implemented in may 2016. Together with the temper free tanks and e-cigarettes.

Well some do a little bit of fighting. I just sent my comments 15 A4 pages to the Danish health minister and the parliamentary health committee, and so did hundreds already. The deadline is January 19. Many in Denmark also try to sent letters to the press and television stations, and also the political parties gets a lot of mails. Demonstrations are also in the planning, so some really do a good job. Not only in Denmark but also in Germany they are active at the moment. And to say everyone is looking to see what will happen in the UK. Ukip, now found out, that the implementation of the TPD will coast a lot of jobs, since the small companies in Britain will have to close if the TPD is implemented, and we are still looking to see what verdict the EU court will come with in the lawsuit against the TPD.
    Carswell slams Euro E-cig regulations | Politics | News | Daily Express

This petition can be signed at least by people from, Britain, France, Belgien and the like, even when they are in another Country. @oil time for you to sign :)...I already signed it.
    **Updated**
    it's 20 mg nicotine max, but in max 10 ml bottles.

Siam Diesel, farangmick and Jared S like this.
  14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I already knew where my vote was going in the Brexit referendum. The TPD just makes it even more of a no-brainer.

15. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

The problem with the Zero nic juice plan--is that, apparently, juice vendors will also have to submit this for testing, to 'prove' that is actually is Zero nic--these extra burdens are going to put the majority of juice vendors out of the game.
    One company, though, who seem to be less worried seems to be JacVapour-here's their take on the coming year-
    http://www.jacvapour.com/whats-hot-vaping-trends-in-2016/