1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Yay, another patent lawsuit!

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Submaniac, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

2. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

Amazing, do nothing to innovate, just purchase a patent and leverage it to shake down others.

Dont get me wrong, I am all for patents but not when like this.

3. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

This is serious.
    I thought at first it has something to do with a patent on temp control.
    But Evolv filed a lawsuit claiming that they invented power control…
    Patent US8820330 - Electronic vaporizer that simulates smoking with power control - Google Patents

Power, or wattage, control might be relatively new in the e-cig industry but has been used elsewhere for a long time.
    If they are successful, they could sue each and every manufacture of VW devices!
    How can they give patents for such fundamental things?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

I think this is a dumb moves from Evolv, it will probably backfire quite hard in the community.

If you don't want to be copied you should not offer OEM companies the ability to make a mod with you chip and do all your mods in house...

Please Evolv stop acting like jerks @ Apple and move on!

Phaitoon likes this.
  5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Well it had to come, the greed of companies is unstoppable, and if they can't make profit the normal way, at least they can sue, and make it a hell for everyone else. I am not for patent's, and when the idea of a European Patent Court came upI voted against it. Why, because the whole patent thing is completely out of control, both in America but also in Europe. When you can get a patent for a potato or tomato, I guess everything is possible. Something we can change, No. So I guess we just have to sit back and watch the greedy bastards fight their battles. I do as I always do, boycott the companies who sue extremely. That is why iI am proud of having a Apple free home, except for the fruit.

Phaitoon and -V- like this.
  6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Yes Evolv has had the patent for Wattage for a long time, it was juts a matter of time until them used it like this

The lawsuit link was an interesting read, yes I read it all..
    Going to be very interesting to see how it plays out, and also now they have mentioned VF and their new range of mods by Jay Bo/Joytech
    It will be also very interesting to see what the big reviewers have to say about this, Tiwsted420 was mentioned in the lawsuit, also wonder what big Phil B will say about it all as he has links with all the people mentioned in the lawsuit

Brandon did warn them about his patient, but they ignored him until legal action was taken or was going to be taken then they asked 'how much' to produce the RX200 and so on...if they'd have come to some deal before hand then I don't see this would have gone as far as it has now

No mention of money yet so be good to see how much they are wanting for this..

Siam Diesel and Dieter. like this.