1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Online Retail Sales Prohibited in Arkansas Effective Today (22 Jul 15)

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Siam Diesel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Sadly this was always and always will be a problem about money.

The longer the tobacco industry will make money and give money to the governments, the harder it will be for vape to keep up. I personally don't see any good issue coming from this, either vape product will be heavily taxed and/or big tobacco will be the only one selling them or they will be banned alltogether.

The only thing individuals like us can and must do is to promote vape around us, have smokers friends make the switch and talk about it.

Xilver, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Thread Starter Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, I can't agree with this...vaping is a growth industry, not a sunset industry...$3.5 billion in projected sales this year (now that's a lot of money!)...up from $1.7 billion in 2013. No sun setting here. There are too many vapers and vape businesses world-wide for the govts. and Big Stinkie to eliminate it completely. The time for that is long past...the genie is out of the bottle.

Arkansas has banned on-line sales but not B&M vape shops...a minor inconvenience IMHO compared to what we go through over here.

Take heart, it won't be easy and we may have to fight for it but vaping is here to stay!!

Happy Friday All!!
    :vaping: :vaping:

haybilly, Rowdy, Dieter. and 2 others like this.
  3. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

I am glad that @Siam Diesel and many are staying positive on this! It is certainly very helpful.

What I do hope to hear is more good news about vaping winning more battles than losing more ground than it already have. Perhaps it is not exactly a sunset senario, but the freedom to vape is certainly getting smaller by time. Maybe in the end, one can vape but just need to pay higer taxes. I hope the fight is just about taxes and it is not about banning it totally.

Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

The American Government and all authorities around the world willing to fight e-cigarette/vaping did not go so hard on us yet. As @Siam Diesel said, only the online sales is prohibited and only in Arkansas.

Now while it seems like a strong measure, I would also put the blame on the vaping community which haven't been able to unify on a worldwide scale. Far from it..

In the US, you have for instance The Vaping Militia, The SFATA, The AVA, there is the CVA in Canada, The AIDUCE and FIVAPE in France, the ECITA in the UK and so on.

And you know what ? NONE of them are actively working together. There is no international Vaping association that would gather the strength of each community and lead as one.

Even the freaking pandas got the WWF working for them, for God's sake ! And with the millions of vapers worldwide, all over social media, we can't even get something slightly influential because we are not unified. Without unification, we will never have a voice strong enough to participate in world debates.

We need representatives on a world scale who are able to speak out at WHO and get things done.

Each association now defends their own rights in their own country, thinking the fight needs to be won locally before anything else. I believe it to be wrong. So far each association haven't won any significant battle simply because the government did not yet put a significant fight. But when it does, like in Arkansas or New Jersey recently, the sporadic vaping community is useless.

So far we are very good at creating slogan, diffusing on Facebook studies about how good vaping is or making teeshirts but we suck at putting together an influential group.

Animal protection, Gays Right, Anti-racism association and so on, all have their own local representatives but always gather under a single and common speech that always speak out for the international community.

Until we managed to get our butts together, I am thankful governments are actually playing it nice so far. They could crush us in a second if they really wanted to.

haybilly, Rowdy, Dieter. and 3 others like this.
  5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Sorry to say that I can't help it, I fear you will also be sad reading the next chapter on the vaping saga. Now the Italians have done there implementation of the EU TPD and where Denmark needed 143 pages of law text, the Italians can do it on 4 pages, but they introduced something new. They do not allow sale across the border, meaning Internet sales to other Country's are forbidden.

Interesting is also all the forbidden commercial advertisements and private promotions for e-cigarettes. Those of you who are up to it can read the law in English here :

https://agivapenews.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/italy-tpd-legislative-decree-draft-july-2015.pdf

Especial article 12 and 13 are very interesting, since it looks like everyone is forbidden to "promote" the e-cigaret in the future. Freedom of speech comes to mind.

And from our idiotic friends in Norway :
    Norway to Ban E-cigarettes Advertisements - The Nordic Page - Panorama

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    haybilly, Rowdy, Tibo and 2 others like this.
  6. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Like Tibo said at least they have B&M shops almost everywhere where here in Thailand we are forced to go underground to get our stuff with always a chance it will be conficsated.

I agree with Tibo, vapers need to regroup and spread the word, the bans are becoming more and more aggravating around the world. (thanks Big Tobaco and money from the stinkies)

Tibo, Xilver, Dieter. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I can totally agree to what Tibo said, but my own experience is that it is just bloody hard to get the vapers to organise or stand up for the right to vape. Some time ago i fought a guy from Aspire on the net, who suddently had found out about the EU Tobacco Product Direktive. Why ? In Denmark, the vaper orginisation DADAFO (Danish Vaping Union) tried to organise the vapers and get them to sign a petition in the EU, so that the European Vape Organisation, that they off course are a menber of, would be heard in the EU parliamentary commission about the vaping TPD. 1000.000 one million people in the EU had to sign the petition, sadly to say we failed miserably. The Vaper organisations did what they could, but the vendors and manufacturers did nothing. It would have been a tremendous help, if vendors had postet the link to the petition, vaper shops could have had the form lying arround and so on. But no help whatsoever. The main reason for this might have been, that the vapers did not think it would be bad at all, and they where safe and could just vape on. But now we see the result of such negligence, spreading all over. Truly sad. In Europe the vaper organisations are in place, BUT they have a lack of members. In Denmark arround 1200 Vapers are member of the vaper organisation, but that just coveres a tiny fraction of the vapers.

Rowdy, Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Rowdy, Tibo and Dieter. like this.
  9. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Legal status of electronic cigarettes in Australia Updated March 2015

There are no laws specifically addressing the regulation of electronic cigarettes in Australia; instead, a number of laws relating to poisons, therapeutic goods and tobacco control apply to electronic cigarettes in some circumstances. This makes the regulation of electronic cigarettes complex. Below is a summary of key laws and regulations that impact electronic cigarettes. Some of these issues have yet to be clarified; therefore this summary may be updated as further information becomes available.

http://www.quit.org.au/downloads/re...al-status-electronic-cigarettes-australia.pdf

10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

This reminds me when I started vaping. June 2014, at that time there was a petition in France, I honeslty barely remember the exact topic except that is was the main petition the French vapers should sign at that time.

I heard of it because of a home printed A4 paper displayed on the B&M wall I went. It was the best vape shop in my city and even them did not encouraged us to sign it or talked to us about what was really happening.

I introduced my father to the shop owner. He was ready to give live speech about the benefit of vaping and offer a simple scientific debate with vapers, answering the questions they may have.

The shop owner thought that would be cool. Never did it. Never really gave a crap. Shortly after, she however started a partnership with CCI for Cloud Competition.

So as much as I like to be involved in the vaping community, I still think a lot of them cares more for blowing clouds then foghting for their rights to do so.

Therefore I don't feel so bad for them. I don't think the vast majority is really fighting hard to keep the vape going.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Thanks @Rowdy - a bit of a mess in Australia at the moment. It seems that importation for personal use is permitted...

Rowdy likes this.
  12. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

I remember reading somewhere? ?? that it was illegal to even have one in Queensland but the other states were OK.

One must have a license for nicotine products.:police:

I agree with you that's its all about money.

I think we all bitch & moan about things in Thailand but then I look at the way Australia has gone
    and it makes me realize things are not so bad here. Except for the idiots driving in this country. Brain Dead:lost it::frustrated:

A bit more.

RACGP - E-cigarettes and the law in Australia

Cheers
    Rowdy

13. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

I think most of you guys have got it all wrong.
    Governments are trying to make it more difficult to import vaping equipment and nicotine juice because they are worried about our well being.
    If we are mentally strong enough to quit the stinkies and move on to vaping, it is generally perceived that we will be able to ween off of vaping.

I recommend that all of you start thinking about lowering your nic and gradually get yourself down to 0 mg nic.

Then you will be welcomed back into the fold of billions of people who are not perceived as freaks or weirdos because they have to put something in their mouth and breath out smoke/vapor.

The way forward is a smokeless vapor-less world of clones that we should all aspire to be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tibo likes this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

"???????"
    Not sure about the previous post- I presume it is tongue in cheek?