1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Any 'Gamers' out there?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Rick O-Shea, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

The scary thing about playing these kind of games is the addiction. I also did other games like God Of War series and Assassin's Creed series on PS3 as well. And mostly all games were completed like within 1 week or less. Thats mean putting in hours and hours with lack of sleep most of the time.

The wife made so much noise about it till I decided to completely stop all these hardcore gaming and come back to life with my family and kids. LOL

Now my sons are playing Minecraft also non stop and I am thinking of joining them though I am not ure if I will enjoy it. I lean more to playing RPGs than anything else.

I heard of Path Of Exile but have ot gotten around to play it. Great that these games are FREE. I dont plat\y WoW just because of the subscriptions. But it is by far 1 of the most suceesful MMORPG.

If only I had extra 3 to 5 hours per day outside of my daily schedules of work and family. I can then consider going into another RPG game. Now.. simply no time for games.... : (

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

I played it with my daughter for some time but it's a different beast on PC compared to the console versions.
    I liked to mess around with redstone which you can use to automate mundane processes. The automation side of the game is what interests me when I play with her. She just likes building houses.

3. Venomx
    Lurking

Venomx Well-Known Member

Used to play MMORPG before coming to Thailand.

Final fantasy 11 online
    Aion online
    Final fantasy 14 online

But stopped since I had to much work and no time. Just retired my psvita since no games was coming out. Currently owning a nintendo 3ds with Monster hunter 4 ultimate.

But I think I will buy a ps4 since fallout 4 is coming out I'm a big elder scroll fan. Damn I miss Morrowind.

4. Rick O-Shea

Some people frown upon it but I don't really care as I spent a fortune in my late teens and early 20's on games and a fair amount of them were absolute crap. If a game has good replay value for me online I will buy it but most games I'll just download. GTA V was 56GB though!

At the end of the day they aren't losing revenue as I wouldn't of bought the games anyway.

5. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Oh..... I was also in Guildwars as well. But did not make it over to GW2.

I agree that when I was younger, I also spent quite a lot of useless games just because they pictures on the covers of PS 3, Sega, Nintendo and Atari were so awesome. But somehow did not have replay and replay again value.

I also miss all these worlds I was in. Made many great friends from all over the world as well. : )

6. Rick O-Shea

Yeah, I played Q3 online for a few years. From the outside it wasn't a game that I thought would interest me at all until I played it and realized just how deep the game was in terms of skill required to be classed as good at it.
    Barrysworld servers were popular at the time and I mainly played tourney (1v1) and there was always someone around the corner that would make you realize just how crap you are at the game lol.

Had many an entertaining evening on the UK wireplay servers too. Everybody knew everybody and nobody cared if they won or lost.

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Before the electronic gaming consoles, there was only....PINBALL.
    Spent many enjoyable hours (and quarters) in search of replays! Don't get the same enjoyment out of the electronic games but iPad Pinball is pretty close. ;)

upload_2015-7-18_14-13-0.png

Moog and Xilver like this.
  8. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Yeah... 2 things i remember quite clearly about these machines. 1. TILT!!! 2. A movie that became a huge hit and create a big discussion how a lady should dress when they go out. Cant remember the movie name but she was raped on top of 1 of these pinball machines.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You're thinking of The Accused (1988) based on a true story and starring Jodie Foster...she won the Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal.

Xilver and Rick O-Shea like this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

Jodie Foster - The Accused. She batted for the other team ever since.

Siam Diesel and Xilver like this.
  11. Rick O-Shea

@Siam Diesel Have you tried Pinball Arcade on the iPad? They have some good tables recreated on there.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Bingo!!! Damn.... I feel so old recalling all these games and movies.. even Bingo was a good game back then..

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I've got Pinball HD...enjoy the hell out of it when I have time to play.

14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Don't get carried away, mate...we're not that old! ;)

Neilly likes this.
  15. Rick O-Shea

I don't know what Pinball HD is like but when Jamie had her iPad we had Pinball Arcade and it seemed that every month or so they would recreate a table from the past. I remembered quite a few of them from when I was a child/teenager, some of them played really well.
    I don't know what it is like now though. I think it's free and you just pay for new tables.