1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

E-cigs are going to be legal?

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Konvict, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Technically yes but since pretty much everything coming from China nowadays including personal orders are taxed, importers are making use of freight forwarders who are able to "bypass" customs and inspections. Mostly sea but an increasing number of them are now offering air freight. I tried one in the past for non-vape related objects (but stuff I would have surely been taxed on since I ordered more than 1) and it worked - shipped China factory to China forwarder warehouse, then air to their Thailand warehouse and Kerry Express to me. An incredible PITA to deal with though and prices similar or slightly higher than DHL or FedEx sans the tax. Same delivery time, if not longer than FT if you include the many back and forth communications required. There's an increasing number of them advertising for e-cigarette freight too. I guess its worth it for large retail orders but not for small personal ones.

What I CAN see happening though is large distribution warehouses being set up in Thailand which will definitely make it easier to get your hands on gear when in a pinch ;)

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

WATCH: U.S. journalist physically removed from UN conference in Delhiā€ - The Rebel

Here's the same journalist's (the one removed from the meeting) Twitter account: Drew Johnson (@Drews_Views) | Twitter

For those that can't be bothered to read:
    Journalists were banned from a UN/WHO meeting, one was forcibly removed and then took to Twitter to comment that several countries will lobby to ban vaping globally (World super powers India, Kenya, Nigeria and Thailand). Or something along those lines. I couldn't be bothered to read either :D

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hey, it's 4 mins. of good entertainment. :D

Konvict likes this.
  4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

5. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

All seem to be countries where the vast majority of the population pay zero direct tax. So by keeping millions of poor people smoking, the governments are still getting some money indirectly, as well as from Big Tobacco.

6. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

I wonder when they bring back opium with government tax and available at all 7-11

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Lets hope the powers to be can come to the right decision about this....
    But then again TiT. :police::lost it::yes sir::frustrated:

On a side note Mrs Rowdy went to a parent teacher thing this week and
    the teacher was saying that vaping is becoming a problem with the
    children in school. The Children are heading this way because the teachers cant smell the Stinkies.

:vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping:

Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  8. McKloud

McKloud More Vape, Less cigs

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

No surprise based on the posts above... ;)

Rowdy and jpr like this.