1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

indonesia gov ban ecig

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Ridwan Hartono, May 16, 2015.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

2. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Well, I am from Sg, but have not gone back there for a long time, so I don't know how strict it would be for vapers to vape outside. From all I know is if it is enforced, Sg hold no nonsense and will fine you if you are caught doing something wrong. I was fined S$300 for throwing a ciggie butt a few years back. They do have plain clothes enviroment officers that go around looking for people walking with a cigg or throwing tissue paper. Its a strict NO NO as far as Sg is concern.

Meantime, I think like said, we here in Thailand still are quite ok with vaping outside and we are able to get certain (not all) types of attys, mods, ejuices as we like, thanks for our many fast Thai Venders.

I do only wish things are much more easier like just going out to buy a printer, torchlight or any other electronic stuff.

PattsVaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I was there in March...I was told that the fine for vaping in public was S$2,000 plus confiscation of your vape gear. Needless to say, I didn't even think about vaping anywhere but in my hotel room or the roof-top bar (at night...it was dark).

Funnily enough, I had no problems vaping in my company's offices...we don't have a vaping policy...yet. ;)
    :vaping: :vaping:

PattsVaper and Neilly like this.
  4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I heard that chewing gum was banned in Singapore because;
    a) people where sticking it on train doors and they wouldn't close properly.
    b) a foreign dignitary stepped in some.

Not sure what that has to do with vaping in Indonesia...

5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

It's time for the Brit's to learn how to behave..

PattsVaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that...
    :wink:

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I have met some folks from Malaysia last week, vapers as well. They told despite having "officials" vapeshop, the situation is far from being settled. They are expecting enforcements regarding the distributions in the up coming months.

Also, interesting to know, they were convinced vaping was banned 100% here in Thailand. Actually every foreigns vapers I talk to usually believe so.

Siam Diesel and Xilver like this.