1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

New evic from joyetech

Discussion in 'E-News' started by mash, May 7, 2014.

1. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

Hey judas . . . first GLV and now eVic . . . it feels like you're following me around. :rolling laugh:

I'd love to know what you think of your new eVic Supreme/Delta . . . are you happy with your purchase? :vaping: :vaping:

- - - Updated - - -

Mash, as far as my Kayfuns go, you're right, they do read 0.1 ohms lower on the Supreme. But with my Nautilus big and mini the ohms reads the same. The Delta? Well the coil reading on this is all over the map but it eventually settles down to 1.5 ohms all by itself after a while so this is unchanged.

I like that the new screen shows all the info when you vape rather than just the puff time on the old one and then you would have to press the button to bring up the info. However, the ohm reading now is so small for my old eyes and I wish I could move that line down to replace the puff time info which has larger font.

2. OVALE
    Amused

OVALE OVALE Asia Dealer

Hi Judas.

For upgrading the firmware of your eVicS to 2.1, simply download the software from my site : OFFICIAL บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า OVALE ™ ASIA ( Thailand ) Electronic Cigarette

Vape on!

3. pierrev

pierrev Well-Known Member

Got the evic supreme some weeks back - love it.

It really is a great mod. Ive dropped it several times, once rather severely, and its worked fine.

The software is good, but I have noticed that the battery meter does weird things at times. The software did not plug into either mac/pc as easily as one would think. On my Mac it crashes all the time and on my pc s running windows 7 it does not recognize the device at all no matter what I tried. I finally got it working on one of the 3 PCs I use. (all use windows 7), . Once installed, I did not find it particularly useful.

This said, I am very happy with it and would recommend it if you have the cash to spare.

4. mash
    Nerdy

mash Thread Starter zZz

I had the same problem on my windows7 64bit, i found out in my case it was the USB 3.0 port, after i plugged it into a USB 2.0 port it works fine, the software i only use for upgrades and changing the boot anim and screen saver.

:vaping::vaping:

5. PattsVaper
    Lurking

You're right on pierrev, the evic supreme is a great mod and every member that has purchased one loves it. I do have the same problem with it being recognized on my computer and as you wrote, the myvapors software isn't that useful other than as Mash wrote, to upgrade the firmware and change the animations.

I haven't noticed the battery meter doing anything weird things and I love that I can just unscrew the bottom cap and install a fresh battery. I never charge it with the USB.

Mash . . . . I think I like the 2.1 version better.
    eVic screen.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  6. mash
    Nerdy

mash Thread Starter zZz

Thats what i relly like about this evic, thay let us up/down grade as we want, now we only need it to be open source and release a SDK kit so we can make custom firmware hahaha:vaping::vaping::vaping:(just kidding)

:beer:

7. PattsVaper
    Lurking

A brilliant idea Mash :good idea: then you could develop a "Cloupor T5" kind upgrade to boost our evic supreme to 75 watts of Boom Boom power. :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

8. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I've just done the upgrade to 2.2. Definitely a much cleaner screen.

9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Reduced time for detecting a new atomizer is worth the upgrade alone.

10. Tommy Pang
    Buzzed

Tommy Pang Member

How is eVic Supreme? So far google it and get quite good review of it. Maybe will get it when I back to Malaysia for better price (Better rate due to low currency)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  11. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Well it is a 30 Wattage regulated mod and it has no Temperature Control. So if you don't mind not having the temperature control, it is a fine tube mod. I really wanted a silver one, but because Mickyshop was out of stock, I ended up with a black one. Which I have had for several month. I am very happy for it, and no use marks on it. It is as black as it was on day one...If you just want a mod and not thinking too much about all the menu items, then you might feel that you are paying too much for this mod, with a huge menu with many options. But you can choose to ignore most of it and just use it as any other mod. But if you really want to dig into it, you can even connect it to a windows computer and control nearly every detail of the mod. The choice is yours.

In daily use I am happy with the fact, that I can exchange the 510 connection, if it ever get worn and the connection is so tight that no e-liquid can come into the mod. I don't charge the mod with the USB but just replaced an empty battery with a fresh one. And what can I say, the mod has been very accurate and stable working in the time I have had it. No issues whatsoever.

If you also own the Eleaf Lemo RTA tank, the e-Vic-supreme can be connected to the Lemo in hybrid mode. You just remove the 510 connection from both the tank and the e-Vic-supreme, remove the topcap from the e-Vic-supreme and now you can use the Lemo in hybrid mode. It only works with the lemo and NOT the Lemo 2. This are my 5 cent worth of comments. Others are welcome to come with further comments.

judas, Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Tommy Pang
    Buzzed

Tommy Pang Member

Oh cool! I still new to vape so wondering what is temperature control? I currently using kangertech subtank mini kit. So beside to fancy functions ( like more customizable, with screensaver and so on) how it different with it? Normally I vape around 15 to 20 watt only so I guess that is sufficient hahahaha

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

We have a section of the forum on temp control: Temperature Control board Talk | Thailand Vapers

Happy reading!

Konvict and Tommy Pang like this.
  14. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

You might have heard from the media, mostly from that part of the media that are against it, that the coils produce great amount of formaldehyde. Well That is not true or only true if you vape on a tank you forgot to fill e-liquid in, but never the less, the industry came with the answer. Temperature controlled vaping. The idea is that since some wires used to build coils like ni 200, nickel, titanium and others change resistance when they get hot, to let the mod measure this resistance and regulate the wattage automatic so that the coil never gets hotter than what you set it for in the menu. If you set the coil to 450 F, the coil will not be hotter than 450 F. because the mod constantly while you are firing are measuring the resistance/heat of the coil and regulate it up if to cold or down if to hot. In order to take advantage of TC vaping today you have to buy special tanks (Kanger tech have the coils for there sub ohm tanks, and the tank that comes with the VTC also has them)that already have coils for it, or you use some RBA rebuildable tanks, and do the coiling yourself using mostly ni200 wire, titanium or similar .

Tommy Pang and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

I am going to get this. So cool.