1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

RIP Trippers Electrolytes Advert & Fallout

Discussion in 'E-News' started by v 4 vendetta, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

This was on an anti smoking/vaping site

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

wow, this site is full of pictures of people using cig-a-likes blowing giant clouds. i wish i could find those things :peep::grin:

funny thing is that it is all about "fighting big tobacco" and i would bet its funded by either big tobacco or big pharma.
    **Updated**
    After going through their website i started to become kinda pissed off. I decided to write the following on the "contact us" page:

I am 35 years old and smoke from the time I was 17 until around 32 years of age. I loved smoking and never wanted to quit. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) loved me but hated that I smoked. My smoking caused me shortness of breath, pains in my body, and resulted in me being tired much of the time. I gave my life to cigarettes.

A few years ago when traveling in Europe my wife spotted a e-cigarette shop across the street from our hotel. She asked me to try one and see what it would be like. She was very tired of my habit and wanted desperately for me to stop smoking. Although i was very reluctant I agreed to "give it a try."

Within two weeks my smoking was down from almost a pack a day to only a couple cigarettes. Within a month I quit all together. I feel better and smell better to people around me. I have spent considerably less money on vaping than smoking and am now much more active.

When you start publishing fact-less reports and pushing people to stay away from vaping you are quite literally killing people. By spreading misinformation you muddy the waters for people considering switching to a safer (even if not perfect) alternative. Much of what you have on your website is utter nonsense. Heck, even the people holding devises that would produce very little vapor are surrounded by clouds of vapor that have obviously, to anyone who has knowledge on the subject, been produced by a different devise or machine.

Are you seriously happy with what you are doing here? It is beyond me how a organization that is partially funded by the government would purposely mislead people in an effort to have them continue to sicken themselves. I hope the person who reads this shares it and your organization does some soul searching, not to mention research. When i say research, I mean studying a topic to find information, not finding distorted evidence to fit your propaganda.

If you would like to learn more about this subject I would be happy to point you to some unbias research.

Thanks you for reading

3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

The website referred to at the end of the video is a slick well funded anti-vaping propaganda webpage.

The video on vimeo was uploaded 6 days ago and received 1 like (no dislike button). Comments have been disabled. I wonder why?
    :sickout:

If there was any validity to Rip's side effect claim, I would think this well funded organization would be able to come up with more than one person complaining about side effect to put in the video.
    **Updated**
    Good idea. I'm sending one too.
    Direct link to the contact page: Contact - TobaccoFreeCA

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Pure Anti-Nicotine & Tobacco Zealots (ANTZ) propaganda...probably a healthy dollop of funding from the Pill Pushers, too.

yourauntbob likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Threads merged. ;)

6. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

farangmick and Xilver like this.
  7. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Interesting stats @fruit-lover, I did not know they can make so much money doing youtube.

8. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I've just sent them a post. Managed to do it without using the F or C words.

Siam Diesel and yourauntbob like this.
  9. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

:rolling laugh:

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.