1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Walking Dead Season 5 re starts up

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by -V-, Feb 9, 2015.

1. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

A seedbox is basically a remote computer where you download torrents in, you can then either download the files onto your PC from the seedbox or stream them directly from them once download finished, usually they come with a very good upload speed and allow you to leave your torrents seeding without the need of leaving your own PC on or taking up your bandwith.

Seedbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

judas likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I have had a few but been using seedhost.eu for about the last 5 years. I don't know what packages they have now, mine was 100GB for 7 Euro but they upgraded me to 200GB sometime last year.
    Feralhosting is/was also popular.

I just use filezilla to download from there to home. Speeds can vary anywhere from 25-1000k/s depending on my shitty internet connection. The server itself I think is 1000mbps down/20mbps up
    **Updated**
    Oh, but be aware some providers do not like seedbox use on public trackers.
    **Updated**
    I use these shared boxes. Seedbox Hosting | Cheap 1Gbps and 10Gbps Seedboxes - SeedHost.eu
    The monthly allowance is plenty for me, I have decent ratios on all the trackers I use and just let everything seed until it's full and need to create space.

judas likes this.
  3. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

I'm using this search engine: Torrentz Search Engine and then select Katproxy, torrenthound or extratorrent.

[​IMG]

No problem, no ratio, Totally free.

4. Rick O-Shea

Public trackers are useful but I haven't used any for a long time.
    **Updated**
    With a public tracker with no ratio requirements you are relying on thoughtful people to seed stuff. Retention is poor. You'll find that the sites with the strictest ratio requirements have seeded torrents that were uploaded years ago.
    Also private specialized trackers offer a better selection for longer. Example below.

TOT used to throttle my connection when using p2p, I never turned my PC off for several years. It doesn't seem to be an issue here but a lot of people in Europe and the UK were receiving warnings from their ISP's due to downloading copyrighted material.

upload_2015-3-10_12-49-51.png
    -----------------
    upload_2015-3-10_12-50-23.png

5. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

6. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

The throtting of ISPs can be avoided by enforcing encryption in your bittorrent application, I personally download 2mb/s on my line on public trackers, I agree that older torrents might give you hassle on public trackers but if you want the latest episode of our favorite show it will do the trick nicely, as I said it took me roughly 20 minutes to download the latest episode in 720p (about 1.4gb).

7. Rick O-Shea

I don't know if it works now, I very rarely use a bit torrent client. It certainly never did several years ago when my connection was throttled. I was using utorrent before it went shitty, tried with deluge and whatever vuze used to be called before it went shitty.
    **Updated**
    Yes for that they are great.

8. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

As you can see in the capture. force encryption and untick "Allow legacy connections".

If you do that your p2p connections are encrypted and ISPs can't shape your p2p traffic.

Capture.JPG

judas and Rick O-Shea like this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Thanks, I know how to enable it. I don't know if it works now but several years ago (2009) when my connection was throttled it did nothing.
    I still have utorrent 2.0 but very, very rarely have any use for bittorrent clients.

10. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

Thanks a lot guys. This is a very informative thread for me :very good:

11. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Wow I feel so old-school for using old bit torrents.

Thing is I can usually find anything I need on public trackers, the only thing I have an issue with is getting Chinese subtitles for the girl, that is annoying.

12. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Check the link I posted earlier they usually have it subtitled in 7-10 languages

13. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

I'm not set up well. I download it from my computer and I play it off the ps3. My laptop is pretty small and my wifi connection is far from stable :( I just haven't wanted to sign into a contract for wifi.

14. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I've downloaded the first 2 episodes of this, thanks to V's invite, and hope to enjoy it later this evening ;)

David in Bangkok likes this.
  15. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I've watched all season one and so far all of the episodes of season 2...

The best thing I've just found is The 100
    Excellent....Done the whole of season 1 and all of season 2 to date, season 2 really takes this to the next level, well worth wtaching...

David in Bangkok and judas like this.