1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Understanding the Crusade Against E Cigarettes

Discussion in 'E-News' started by haybilly, Dec 22, 2015.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

The lady journalist from the Grauniad actually only really copied parts from the other articles that we already linked to, but at least she's getting the point across to the Middle Of The Road newspaper readers.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

farangmick likes this.
  2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Just passed the sobriety test. Filled a tank with no spilling, or juice in the chimney, so another avatar change.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

Why would you need to change your avatar?? Is coming from Yorkshire and doing those things, mutually exclusive? I'm not from Yorkshire, so this is a genuine question.

farangmick likes this.
  4. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Ha ha. Maybe I wasn't fully recovered after all. I meant change my mood symbol from "hung over".

haybilly likes this.
  5. haybilly
    Paranoid

Aha, now I understand.

6. haybilly
    Paranoid

More rubbish from the wacky State of California--this is just so wrong... [sorry, if someone has already linked to this, call me an old fool and delete this]
    [courtesy POTV]
    Vaping Study Slammed | Planet of the Vapes
    **Updated**
    Again--from Mawsley [POTV]--concerning Aisan Govt attempts to regulate or ban--
    The “Harm Reduction in Asia – Developing a Regulatory Framework for E-cigarettes” Symposium in Hong Kong was organised by Factasia.org. During the course of events, Factasia.org’s co-founder John Boley announced the findings of a survey carried out by global market research company Ipsos.
    [​IMG]Factasia.org campaigns for consumer rights across the Asiatic continent, from Australia to China. They advocate reasoned debate and sensible regulation of electronic cigarettes.

Boley revealed: “75% of those polled were in favour of the government not preventing or delaying the introduction of less harmful alternatives.” The independent research organisation had polled people from Australia to Malaysia, New Zealand to Taiwan. “There was strong agreement,” he added, that governments across the region should be encouraging smokers to switch to the less harmful alternative. In fact, 82% of people surveyed agreed with that statement.

The news arrives during a week where pronouncements from the region range from sad to obscene. There were calls in Thailand to ban all vape products as they “promote” nicotine use – this despite the fact that there is already a ban on vaping in Thailand! In New Zealand, vapers were demanding that the government abided by its draft advice to healthcare workers and pointing them towards the recent Public Health England report. Meanwhile, in Malaysia, anti-ecig campaigners hysterically proclaimed that many liquids contain illegal substances – in their efforts to speed up a total ban instead of the proposed regulation till 2016.

“There is an extraordinary degree of uncertainty,” continued Boley. “We also asked whether they thought they were okay with using e-cigarettes in their own country; more of a third of the people polled across the region, or 36% of people in Hong Kong, do not know whether these things were legal or not.”

[​IMG]“Here in Asia, many authorities appear untroubled by facts or the weight of independent opinion from acknowledged experts in harm reduction, even though reducing death and disease associated with smoking is a stated public health aim everywhere,” John wrote for Nikkei Asian Review.

“We are seeing a rapid increase in adult smokers switching to vape products throughout Hong Kong,” said Nav Lalji. The founder of the Asian Vape Association added: “A lot of users strongly oppose a ban on e-cigarettes because this means that they will be forced to go back to using tobacco cigarettes, which ironically are not banned.”

Previously, when a proposed ban was mooted in Hong Kong, Lalji commented: “The government should regulate the content of e-cigarettes and ban them for those under the age of 18, but it is a free market and adults should be able to choose whether or not to use e-cigarettes. If the government is worried about the safety of the public, how come they do not ban the consumption of tobacco first?”

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. haybilly
    Paranoid

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The (lack of) logic in this article is beyond belief...and all the while, stinkies are legal...SMH. :(

peter-k, farangmick and haybilly like this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

The brown Envelopes that Big Tobacco/ Big Pharm push under the tables of the powerful are responsible for so many early deaths.

It would serve the people better if they put a ban on cigarettes, but we all know that that will never happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  10. haybilly
    Paranoid

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

12. haybilly
    Paranoid

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

haybilly likes this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

Actually the original science says that the same holds true for cigarettes, but of course, that's not being published at this point in time.

If you Google the above Dr. and add ECigs, then the details of her research in 2014 is clear.

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Published in the Journal of Molecular Medicine.

I'll wait to see what Dr. F has to say about the 'science'!

haybilly likes this.