1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Worldwide Ban of Vapor Devices in Checked Baggage

Discussion in 'E-News' started by ThaiGermanSamui, Jun 18, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

That would be ok in your carry on bags but not in your checked in bags....

2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust smoke detectors not picking up vape, they can on new ships as Ive recently found out.

3. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

They do, my last ship is 27 year's but don't know age of smoke detectors and 2 times detectors went of once in the cabin and once in the bar as i was siting right underneath the detector and blew the vape whiteout knowing right into it.
    No problems however because detectors on ships go of quite easy which is a good thing for safety reasons. Just open the bathroom door to quick after a hot shower and you will get a call:)

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

The smoke detectors in my condo are brand new and no problem with clouding indoors so far.

5. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Sorry for the OT but a crew cabin on a ship is maby the size of you bathroom if your condo has a small one.:)

6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Are you subliminally asking for a picture of my bathroom ? ^^

7. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Ahm.. sorry for my bad English which created this miss understanding:)

Tibo likes this.
  8. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

So, since Im on a flight in a few days, and planned on putting all RBAs, minus maybe a Lemo for use in airport smoking rooms, inside my checked baggage, then removing all batteries from my BoxMods ( 2 × IPV minis, 1 Invader,) inside checked baggage, and then 2 x isticks and 6-8 x 18650 batteries, in boxes, in the cabin bags. Oh yeah and the funny little Aspire type Nova tank from -V- with some high Nic/PG juice in it for the smoke detectors.
    Am I breaking the law ( forget about the smoke detector bit) by putting my split down Box Mods in the hold?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    **Updated**
    Ahem.......don't all rush at once......

9. haybilly
    Paranoid

So, just to précis my post- is it acceptable to, after removing any batteries, put battery-less boxmods into checked baggage??

10. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Was mentioned in this thread a couple times already.

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

I read the thread-but, if you read the OP it contradicts what both you and I are suggesting- I guess it's just a case of doing what one feels is best and hoping for the best- as I say, if you read the OP it seems to be indicating that NO vape gear can go in checked baggage.

12. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

The ban is on e-cigarettes in checked luggage which could possible self fire. A box mod or any mod without battery's can't self fire.RDA's, RBA's or any tank style detached from a PV or not battery powered can't self fire neither therefore i don't see why they could not be but in checked luggage.The article is an article without detailed technical instructions. If you do want 100% clarification you could ask the airline directly because we here don't make the rules but only suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

I already understand that--but, as I said, if you read the OP, this is what it says--
    "The U.N.`s Montreal based International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has announced a ban on allowing vape devices inside checked baggage (yes that includes your box mods)."
    Like I say, and I already agree with you--it seems that this is up to our own interpretation, but, that sentence is fairly unequivocal--like you, though, I intend to do as we are both suggesting, in the knowlege that my Mods and RBAs cannot self-ignite; but, if our checked bag was opened by a 'over-cautious' flight attendant, we are actually contravening the new regulation.

14. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Than he would be wrong and would need some education why mods without battery's are not a fire hazard.

15. haybilly
    Paranoid

Whatever.....