1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Worldwide Ban of Vapor Devices in Checked Baggage

Discussion in 'E-News' started by ThaiGermanSamui, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

They seems to take it quite seriously indeed, @Neilly. Seems to be a bit of bad luck too in Dubai as they don't search specifically for that. But they have a sign up though..

Siam Diesel and Neilly like this.
  2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I would be interested to hear about Air France,@Tibo, since this and KLM are both reasonable priced alternatives to Emirates- with only one stop off on the way to UK airports.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I'll let you know as soon as I get in the plane, I will even do a hand check in the toilet :) (and one in the prison if they changed the smoked detectors..)

haybilly, Siam Diesel and Neilly like this.
  4. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Vaping has been banned in Oman for quite awhile (as has chewing tobacco) but it was only a couple of weeks ago that I heard they were taking vape gear off people as they arrived (all cases are x-rayed before you leave the hall)

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Another good reason to stay out of the Middle East...as if I really needed one after spending a fair bit of my adult working life over there!

Konvict, haybilly and Neilly like this.
  6. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Same for me...my last job was about a year ago...had to get out of Erbil (Kurdistan) as ISIS got to within 45km of me...way too close for my liking LOL

haybilly, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yep, that would do it for me, too! My last 'visit' (;)) was to Jubail (Saudi) for a couple of years...left at the end of 2008. We were living in a compound with .50 cal. machine guns at the entrances and barbed wire everywhere. Was never convinced that the guys manning the guns didn't have orders to turn them on us if things got sticky.

Would have to think long and hard about another visit to that part of the world. There's more to life than making money...

Konvict and Neilly like this.
  8. haybilly
    Paranoid

I'n Sh'Allah- I'm staying out of that part of the world, too, for the time being.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Yeah me too...I've had a few offers to go back over there but it's not worth the grief TBH...:here's your beer: LOL
    **Updated**
    Hmmm...starting to see the beauty behind a mod that also has a flash-light attachment

[​IMG]

$47.88 VAMO V9 VW Variable Wattage APV Mod w/ LED Flashlight & Cellphone Charger - 3-40W / 1*18650 / stainless steel / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    **Updated**

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Just went through customs and security at Swampy for my trip onwards to USA Had 3 mods each with battery(ies) (2 of them single 18650 and 1 dual 18650), 2 attys and a couple small juice bottles in check in bag. They pulled me aside took every one of them out and rescanned them separately. All were allowed. Security guy was kinda marveling at the mods and asked "is this the new innovation?" Haha! Really nice dude. Btw, I had one spare battery. Didn't really want to take more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Glad to hear that some security people can be enlightened.
    Way to go. Avoid the Middle East, I guess.

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

The scanners in use these days can 'see' Li-Ion batteries...I had a similar experience the last time I went through security at Swampy, too. They knew the exact location of the mods in my bag.

Konvict likes this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

That's strange, on both the outbound and the returning flight through Suwanarbhumi, although I had 8 x 18650 batteries in my hand luggage, at no point did anyone mention them and they never came out of my baggage, neither did they mention either of the iSticks- it was only transit in Dubai that wanted to see the one that was in with my tech computer gear- not the loose batteries.

14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

They probably saw them and knew what they were so no need to check further. It was my iStick 50 that got questioned the last time I went through Swampy...they wanted to know what it was and were happy with my explanation.

Konvict likes this.
  15. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

So @Scratchy you did not even had to remove the batteries from the mod, correct ?